a plan

"Last night, after I finished at the hospital. I was walking back to my car. I thought I was alone, but I'm sure someone else was there" Lawrence explained. He also explained how he tried to dial the number for security but he couldn't get through. He attempted to use his cell phone but it wasn't working either. He also said that someone in a pig mask attacked him. "That...thing. It was waiting for me" There was a moment of silence between the three. Vivian was sitting against the wall, hugging her knees to her chest, and Adam stared at Lawrence. "How did you know to turn off the lights?"

"Who cares? It worked" Adam said.

"Yeah, but how did you know?"

"Instinct" 

"Instinct?"

"I also share Lawrence's skepticism" Vivian commented.

"You know what?" Lawrence asked, looking over to Adam. "You're a terrible liar"

"You say that like you know me?" Adam said.

"What else aren't you telling us?" 

"Well, um, let's see. On my sixth birthday, my best friend at that time, Scott Tibbs, stabbed me with a rusty nail. I didn't tell you about that. I didn't' tell you thamy last girlfriend..." Lawrence sighed, putting his hands in his head, and Vivian groaned, banging her head against the wall. "who was a feminist vegan punk, broke up with me because she thought I was too angry. Uh, I haven't told you that one of my toenails is slightly--" 

"Just stop it!" Lawrence snapped. "You knew to turn off these lights!"

"Whatever" 

"I'm dealing with a juvenile" Lawrence stood up. Vivian was the only one who was sitting down. She closed her eyes, reading herself for the impending argument. 

"You wanna know?"

"Yeah" Adam reached into the tub, and grabbed the picture of Allison and Diana. 

"Here it is" Adam said, throwing the picture. It first landed in Vivan's lap. She opened her eyes and looked at the picture. 

"Oh my God" she gasped, putting her hand over her mouth. She looked over to Lawrence, and hesitantly, gave him the picture. As soon as he saw the picture, a look of pure shock appeared on his face.

"W-where did you get this?" Lawrence asked.

"It was in your wallet. Behind the photo of your daughter" Adam said

"W-why didn't you show me this before?"

"I couldn't" Lawrence began to sob as he touched the photo. "I'm sorry" Adam sat against a pipe, lowering his head. 

"What are you doing to them you bastard?!" Lawrence screamed. He then tried holding himself together. The note that he found in the box caught his eye. He looked between Adam and Vivian to make sure that they weren't looking. Adam still had his head in his hands and Vivian was preoccupied with a large piece of glass that was beside her.  Lawrence grabbed the cigarette and dipped one end of it into the pile of blood. When he was done, he placed it back in the box. He stood up again, making both Adam and Vivian look at him.

"What are you doing?" Adam asked. He didn't answer, but instead turned off the lights. 

"What the hell are you doing?" Vivian asked

"Listen to me you two, I want you play along with on this" Lawrence whispered. He explained his plan to them. He was going to offer Adam a cigarette, and Adam was going to pretend to die because of the 'poison' Lawrence put onto it. "You two got that?" Lawrence turned the lights back on. "You still want that cigarette?"

"Umm, yeah. Sure" Adam said. Lawrence grabbed the cigarette that wasn't poisoned from the box. He threw it to Adam along with the lighter. Adam put the cigarette, and lit it. He took a long drag, smiling of relief. He then, albeit very dramatically pretended to die. He made jerky movements and choking sounds until he fell to the ground and 'died'. Lawrence and Vivian looked to each other. 

"There! I've done it! I've killed him with the poison, just like you wanted! Now where's my family?! Where are they?!"

"Let us go!" Vivian said. Adam's body suddenly jerked, and he cried out. He spasmed and jerked for a few moments before grabbing his chained ankle.

"Jesus christ!" Adam said. Vivian grew concerned. She got on her hands and knees, reaching over towards Adam as best as she could. She managed to touch his leg, just above his ankle.

"Are you alright?" she asked.

"I just got electrocuted" 

"That was our way out!" Lawrence said. Vivian whipped her head in his direction and glared at him. 

"Did you not hear what he just said? He got electrocuted for fucksakes!" 

"Get this thing off me! Get it off!" Adam said, desperately trying to pry the chain off of his foot. 

"Stop acting!" Lawrence said

"You think I would make that up just to mess up your stupid fucking charade?"

"Alright. That's it" Lawrence grabbed the saw again. He frantically tried to saw through the chain but to no avail. "Damn it!" He angrily threw the saw down. At this point, Adam was sitting back against the wall, looking sort of dazed.

"I remember everything now. I remember how I got here" Adam said.