5

Find beauty in the smallest of things

Kenzie's POV

I woke up the next morning to Ashlee asking Brynn and I if we wanted breakfast. She agreed to make us pancakes. Brynn and I got up and got ready. I put my hair into a high ponytail and washed the leftover makeup off my face. A few minutes later we where called down for breakfast.

We sat at the breakfast bar and ate. Ashlee asked me some questions. She's a very nice woman. After we had at we left our plates in the sink and went upstairs to get dressed. Brynn convinced me to wear my new White crop top and my normal black leggings with my black and white old school vans.

Brynn is wearing a denim dress and and a white off the shoulder top under it. Once we had our makeup done we went to meet with Annie. We where going to go to her house. I had know where it is as she lives in the neighbourhood next next to mine and I remembered from Friday.

We cautiously walked up the path to her house and rung the door bell. Her house was absolutely gigantic from the outside. The door opened revealing a girl that looked around 10. "Hi, is Annie here?" I asked her. "Yep," she answered looking at us. "Umm, could you get her or?" I said awkwardly. "Oh yeah sorry," she laughed. "ANNIE, GET DOWN HERE THERES PEOPLE HERE FOR YOU," she screamed before walking away. I heard a bang come from upstairs then loud footsteps on the stairs. Annie came running into the room from a corner. "HIIII," she beckoned for us to come in. "Sorry bout that I was cleaning my room," she told us sheepishly. "It's ok," I told her. "I hope you don't mind that I took Brynn with me," I smiled at her. "Oh god no that's fine, I hope you don't mind that Lauren's upstairs," she told me. "That's fine," I answered following her upstairs. We walked into Annie's room. It was huge.

Lauren was lying on her bed scrolling through her phone. "Hi guys," Lauren smiled sitting up. "Hi," we replied. "Kenzie, I was so excited when you agreed to sing with me, I don't have enough confidence to do it myself," she explained to us. "Honestly I just want to try and win something for once in my life," I told them with a sigh. "Ohh is Maddie doing it?" Lauren asked. "Yeah," I answered dryly. Annie looked at Lauren and gave her a look that said shut up! "Soo Brynn your new to our school aren't you?" Lauren asked trying to avoid an awkward conversation. "Yeah," Brynn said. "Here Brynn you can sit beside Lauren and talk while Kenz and I figure out a song to sing," Annie smiled at her. Brynn nodded and started taking to Lauren.

Annie turned to me. "What's your favourite song?" Annie asked. "Ummm Skinny Love and Glorious," I answered. "Ohh I love them aswell," Annie said "but I don't think they'll suit our voices".

After ages of thinking of a song we decided on "Ocean Eyes" by Billie Eilish. "What do you guys think?" I asked Lauren and Brynn. "Seems like a good song," Brynn smiled. "Well, let's see if it suits!" Annie smiled. After signing the song we both turned to look at the girls.

"Omg Kenzie, Annie said that you could sing but oh my," Lauren gushed. "And you tell me that you can't sing," Brynn rolled her eyes playfully. "I love it," They shouted at the same time " I like it aswell, What do you think?" Annie asked me. I thought for a minute before answering. "I love it," I shouted. "Yayy," Annie screamed tackling me into a hug. I hugged her back. That's when Brynn and Lauren joined us.

We all pult away and laughed. "I hope that we can be friends?" Lauren asked us. Brynn and I shared a look. "Of course," we said in unison. Suddenly my phone tinged. Looking down my eyes widened. "You ok?" Annie asked me. "I umm I have to go," I stuttered standing up and running down the stairs. "Kenz," Brynn shouted running down behind me. "Tell them that I'm thankful for today  but I need to go home," I hugged Brynn before running out Annie's front door and to my house.

I ran through my front door and took the steps two at a time until I made it to my room. I locked the door and slid down the back of it. I let the tears fall. "That was close," I thought to myself. I texted Brynn saying thank you for today and that I'll get my things from her house tomorrow. I also texted Annie saying thanks for today.

I stood up and wiped away my tears waking into my bathroom my eyes spotted an object shining from the sun on my counter. I caustically picked up the sharp razor. I turned it over in my hands. "It would hurt that much would it?" I wondered. I sat on my bathroom floor and extended my right arm. I slowly brought the razor over my soft skin once, twice, three times.

Realising what I done I threw the razor into my bin and washed the three fresh cuts. I kept mumbling shit. If anyone finds out I thought. I walked into my room and put on a long black sweater. I'm dead if anyone finds out what I done...

Brynn's POV

Kenzie ran out Annie's front door leaving me to stand there. Annie and Lauren came down behind me. "Brynn what happened?" Lauren asked. "I really don't know!" I answered her. "Has she ever done that?" I asked them remembering that Kenzie had mentioned being friends with Lauren before. "Uhhh umm," Lauren stuttered. "You can't tell anyone but the reason I stopped talking to her was because of all her secrets," Lauren admitted. "Same resin with Nadia," Annie added. "Same reason with everyone that left?" I asked. "Yeah, but we all promised eachother that no matter how much people asked us we'd never tell them," Annie explained.

"It's hardly her fault," I said. "It's not but-," Lauren started. "NO BUTS, you left her because stuff is happening at home! When I met her she was crying in a FREAKING BATHROOM," I shouted at them. "Brynn calm," Annie soothed. "NO MY BEST FRIEND IS IN TROUBLE AND IM GOING TO FIND OUT WHY!" I screamed running out the door.

Lauren's POV

Brynn stormed out of the hous in tears. "Oh my," Annie whispered. "Did you hear what she said?" I asked her. "I think my whole neighbour hood did," Annie smiled. "Yeah obviously, but she said that Kenz is in trouble..." I whispered. "You don't reckon it started again? Do you," Annie asked me with a worried look. "She knows that it's the real reason she left, she'll hardly want Brynn to," I trailed off. "Brynn's not heartless like us she cares about Kenzie, we didn't," Annie stated. "We need to make sure she didn't," I yelled. "We'll check tomorrow, should we I'm umm tell John and Hayden?" Annie asked. "Let's leave it until we know for sure," I hugged Annie. I really hope she hasn't done it again.

Yeah I know that it's very cliche but ahh I wanted some drama. So umm yeah
Don't forget to
Comment
And
Vote
For
More

Slánnnnn

{1,250} words