15

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment

Kenzie's POV

Omg omg omg, the talent show is today and it's also the last day of school for summer. I'm so excited yet I'm so nervous. Ughh whatever I have to get ready for school. I straightened my hair and put on

After that I brushed my teeth and went downstairs

After that I brushed my teeth and went downstairs. "Good Morning Mackenzie," mum smiled at me. "Good morning," I smiled back pouring myself a bowl of cereal and sitting on a stool at the kitchen Island. "You excited for today? Greg asked putting down the newspaper that he was holding. "Yeah very," I answered. "Well good luck, I might be a bit late to the show," Greg explained. "That's fine," I told him. "Well I better go bye," I added putting my bowl in the sink, grabbing my bag and running out the door.

Arriving at school I met Hayden walking in the door. "Hey Kenz," he smiled. "Hi Hay," I replied. "You ready for tonight?" He questioned me walking with me. "Yeah, a bit nervous though!" I replied. "You'll be fine," he smiled at me. "Thanks," I laughed arriving at my locker. There I found Brynn. She gave me a questionable look. "I better go bye," Hayden told us walking away.

"What was that?" Brynn asked. "Huh?" I asked confused. "He was flirting with you!" She told me as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "No he wasn't!" I answered her. "He likes Annie," I told her. "Annie plays hard to get. Maybe he wants to make her jealous," I shrugged. "Hmm maybe, we'll let's get to our last Maths class of the year!" Brynn smiled dragging down the hall.

Time skip

"And we're done!" I shouted walking out of my last class. "Yay!" Brynn laughed. "You've hardly been here!" Hayden commented making Brynn go quiet. Annie sent him a glare before shouting "FINALLY", causing all of us to laugh. "Right, We'll all meet right here at 6.30," Annie said. "Yeah sounds about right," Johnny smiled. "We'll see yas later," I smiled walking with Annie to her house.

Arriving there we went straight to her room to practice. Everything sounded great. Her mum gave us Pizza. I had to eat it quickly so I could go home and see Maddie and get my clothes. "I'll be back in like 10 minutes," I told Annie rushing out the door. I ran home. I took the stairs two at a time and grabbed my thing. I ran over to Maddie's room and ran in. Good luck!" I shouted jumping onto her bed and hugging her. "Good luck to you to!" She laughed returning the hug. "Bye," I shouted jumping off her and running back downstairs bit waiting fir an answer.

Time skip

We were dressed and ready. Our hair was simply down and straightened. Annie's mum left is at school. We waited about 5 minutes before anyone ride came first was Brynn, then The Orlando's and finally Hayden came. "I'm so excited for you guys," Lauren smiled. "Thanks but we have to go!" Annie replied pulling me away. "Bye," we shouted.

Entering the dressing room we were told what number we were and we lowly practiced. 10 minutes before the show started I got a text. "Come outside please!" It was from Johnny. "I have to go to the bathroom," I lied to Annie. "Ok don't be long," she warned. I nodded and walked out the door. Walking down the hall a bit I saw Johnny leaning against one of the lockers. "I'm surprised you came," he teased Me. "I don't have all day Johnny just tell me," I told me annoyed. "Good luck and," he states before placing his soft lips on mine.