13

With a brave heart, anything is possible

Kenzie's POV

I was awoken from a lovely dream about Ethan Dolan from my annoying alarm. I violently pressed the snooze button on my phone and rolled off my bed. Standing up I walked into my bathroom and washed my face. I then made my way downstairs for breakfast.

"Good morning Darling," my mum smiled placing a plate of toast in front of me. "Morning," I muttered. "Did you have a good day with Brynn yesterday?" She asked me. "Yeah it was really fun," I smiled thinking about yesterday. "Well I better get to work see you later," she smiled hugging me. "Bye!" I shouted while she walked away.

I trudged up to my room to get dressed. I brushed my teeth then stood in front of my wardrobe for 5 minutes before deciding on black leggings and a black adidas jumper. Satisfied I grabbed my school bag and shouted bye to Greg. Maddie had a free class for her first so she want going in till later.

Walking into school I passed Hayden and Johnny. "Hey Kenz!" Hayden said grabbing my arm while I was walking past. "What?" I asked turning around. "You feel better?" He asked me. "Yes I'm fine," I replied. "Lauren feels really bad," Johnny piped up. "Uh huh," I said before walking away. I continued walking until I got to my locker. I got my books and then Brynn came. "Hey sorry I'm late," she told me. "It's fine," I smiled.

We continued talking while walking to class. Walking in I realized that I sat beside Lauren in this class. Sitting down Lauren turned to me. "KENZIE please I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you I just said it without thinking," She explained. "Look I dint want to talk about it, I need to focus on singing this week," I told her. "I understand," she said sadly. "But we can talk," I promised her.

Time skip

It's finally the end of the day. Brynn and I where walking to our lockers. "Better clean them out," I sighed. "Why do you sound sad? School is nearly over for three moths, three months no homework," Brynn rambled on. "Yeah ok," I laughed.

We got our books and began walking away. We walked past Annie, Lauren, Hayden and Johnny. "Hey guys," Lauren smiled. "Hi what's up?" I asked. "Nothing just clearing out our lockers," Hayden smiled. "Kenzie, the show us in 3 days. I can't practice tonight but Tuesday and Wednesday?" Annie asked me. "Yeah of course," I told her. "Well we better get going bye," Brynn said. "See yas," Lauren waved.

Walking off I could sense someone staring at me. Glancing behind me I saw Johnny biting his lip. I blushed and turned around. Confused Brynn looked around. She looked back at me with wide eyes. I gave her a look that said "don't say a word"! The minute we got our idea she started rambling. "OHHH MY GOD HE WAS BITING HIS LIP WHILE STARING AT YOU!!!!!!" She whisper shouted. "I know," I blushed. "I'm actually going to die," Brynn shouted. "Enough with the dramatics we'll talk later ok?" I asked her. "ugh fine!" She told me.

Walking in home I was met with mom. "I thought that's it where at work?" I said confused. "I was but Maddie's costume doesn't fit her and I need to get one," she explained. When mum said costume I swore in my head. Annie and I haven't figured out what to wear yet. "Greg is ordering take out so you don't have to make dinner," she smiled. "Ok thanks," I said before going upstairs.

Grabbing my phone I opened Snapchat. I clicked on Annie's name and texted her.

Kenzie🌹: Annie we haven't picked a costume
Annie🦋: Oh shit yeah
Kenzie🌹What are we meant to do?
Annie🦋: I mean if I ask mum she'll most likely take me out of school early to shop
Kenzie🌹: My mum would never let me, then again she's working tomorrow. Hold on let me go ask Greg
Annie🦋: Ok

I walked over to Greg's office. Knocking on the door I heard Greg say come in. He was   sitting at his desk. "Hey," i smiled. "Hi Kenz, is there anything that I can do. For you?" He asked me turning around. "Umm well you know how I'm doing the talent show?" I asked him. "Of course I'm so excited to see you perform he smiled. "Well me and the girl I'm doing it with forget about our "costumes" and we'll I was wondering, if you could write a note for me to go home early tomorrow with  her mum?" I asked him. "It's Annie's mum Katie isn't it?" He asked. "Yep," I replied. "Yeah sure, just don't tell your mum," he laughed grabbing a piece of paper and scribbling down the excuses . "Thank you," I smiled hugging him. "No problem Kenz, but I have to get back to these papers ," he told me. "Bye," I shouted closing the office door behind me. I hurried to my bedroom to tell Annie the good news.

Kenz🌹: He said yes
Annie🦋: So did mum
Kenz🌹: Yay I'm so excited I'll see you tomorrow!
Annie🦋: Ok bye!

I threw my phone onto my bed and smile. It was nearly time for the talent show and I couldn't be happier.

Hope you guy enjoyed this chapter
Don't forget to
Comment
And
Vote
For
More

BYEEEEE

{916} words