OHD: Chapter Eight

Dr. Jose Luca Grazi

It didn't matter.

Everything that he told me up to that point, it didn't matter because it was no longer relevant. He was no longer in my life so I didn't feel the need to worry about him. I was going to do me. No matter how much it appeared to hurt. No matter how much I secretly craved his attention, his warmth, his embrace, no matter that, I had to go on. "Aye, Jose!" I turned my head to see one of my co-workers, Ryan Merriman, running up to me, his glasses falling halfway down his face. "Yessir?" I tilted my head and he blushed, flicking his gaze to the floor.

Oh, what do we have here, eh?

"I was um, wondering if you would like to join me and a couple of my friends tonight." Ryan all but sputtered out as he tried to fix his black mop of hair. "Yea, sure. Where are we going?" I merely ignored the flaming of his cheeks and tried to focus on being nice. "Limelight at 9." He smiled and I waved him off with a grin, knowing that tonight would be the night I got my groove back.

I hadn't spoken to Kaiden in awhile and it's sad because I thought he was a man of his word but you know, when you probe too deep in someone's life, it's their right to back away and I respect that. I just really wish he didn't make it seem like no matter what would happen, he'd still be right by my side. "Well, good thing I didn't get too far in." I muttered bitterly under my breath as I took off, in seek of another patient. Deep down inside, I knew the truth and as long as only I knew it, the world could go fuck themselves. 

My mouth twitched at the sight of a couple feeding each other grapes as they looked each other in the eyes, all loving and fucking sasquatch. It made me sick but something also tugged on the strings of my heart as I fought the urge to sniffle. "Fucking hell." I snorted to myself, looking at the clipboard in my hand. "The next patient is..." My eyes widened in fear as I took in the name on the paper. "Bloody hell." I murmured, clenching the damned thing in my hand as I made my way towards the room.

"You want to tell me what the hell you're doing here?!" I gritted my teeth as I opened the door to room 9, glaring daggers into the man sat on the bed with an innocent smile on his face. "Anything bullshit you spout, I'm not buying it, Isak Pratt." I narrowed my eyes and he followed suit, tilting his head. "Didn't know we were on full name basis, Jose Grazi." He folded his arms and I shut the door. "The fuck do you want, mate?!" I raised an eyebrow and he chuckled. "What I wanted the last time we met, your precious boy toy Kaiden." He sneered and I rolled my eyes. "Get a life, we aren't a thing anymore. Never were." It pained me to say that and I could feel my eyes watering but I fought the urge to cry. 

"Aw, how sad." Isak deadpanned and I wanted to take a knife and carve his eyes out. "What do you want? I know you didn't just come to ask for a check up on your breathing." I snorted sarcastically as he stood to his full height, his aura radiating danger as his eyes flashed a fiery red. "Tell Kaiden that Elias is coming for him." He grinned madly as he stalked closer and closer to me and I had to fight the beating of my heart. He then stood in front of me and he leaned down to whisper in my ear, chilling words that scared me.

"And until he's stepping in Kaiden's blood with his head in his hand, he won't stop." 

Then he sidestepped me and walked out of the room, leaving me to ponder over what the bloody hell just happened. 

And the pondering continued even when I walked through the doors of Limelight, ready to get my night going. Here I was, trying to slick myself back into my old ways and I was thinking of Kaiden, the man who proved himself to be similar to Zy. Fuck that, I'm here for me. I put my game face on and I looked for a twink of my liking. My eyes scanned the crowd as strobe lights pierced my vision and my body danced along with the beat. I wasn't so sure if I wanted to sink my dick into someone but once I found the right guy, I'm sure I would want to.