OHD: Chapter Seventeen

Dr. Jose Luca Grazi

You must think that I'm stupid,

"Hello Jose." I heard that voice as soon as I entered the room, full of confidence. "Why are you here?" He turned around and faced me, a smirk on his face. "I think you know why I'm here, Mikhail." I scowled at him as I closed the door, his laugh filling the room. "Indeed I do." He then paused as he took a seat in one of the chairs facing each other, a small round table in between. "Are you sure you want to ask me?" I could sense the unsaid part of the question. Are you willing to know everything there is?

"Yes," I replied. "I know it isn't nothing to be too worried about, but I'm just at a bloody loss as to why Kaiden won't tell me. I know it's nothing serious. That's the part that is frustrating me." I stated and he nodded, motioning for me to sit down. "You are right. How may I assist you?" He questioned and I narrowed my eyes at him. "You knew it was me when I came into the room without turning around. You hear things that I tell Nicca in moments of privacy." I said and Mikhail grinned. "You always seem to smell things that no one should even smell. I'm not stupid, mate." I folded my arms and leaned back, Mikhail letting out a soft chuckle. "So when are you going to tell Nicca?" I asked and he shrugged.

"When the time is right."

You must think that I'm a fool.

I looked at him, unsure of how to form my question. There were so many things I wanted to know, but so very few answers that I was unsure if I wanted to know. "I'm sure you know that Kaiden is a werewolf, seeing as you are one." He nodded in reply. "The thing is, I have no fucking idea of what it is that he's keeping from me. He told me that it could damage the relationship that we have, but I highly doubt that. Do you know anything of what he's talking about?" I questioned and Mikhail stared at me in silence.

Then he nodded.

"You guys are mates."

You must think that I'm new to this, but I have seen this all before.

"Huh?" I sighed, exasperated. "What'd'ya mean?" I raised a brow and he let out a small breath. "A mate in the wolf world, means the other half of you, the person that you are destined to be with forever, regardless of who you were or are with at the time." He began to explain. "A mate is you find by the smell, the touch or even sight. In his case, he might have known you were his mate from the moment he laid eyes on you, Jose." He finished and I nodded, fully understanding what he was explaining. "He didn't tell me that. Why didn't he tell me that? There's nothing bad about that." I grunted in confusion and Mikhail looked at me waveringly.

"True," He said. "But since he has the heritage of the Chosen Alpha, it's a bit different." I tilted my head and waved a hand at him to continue. "Judging by the two holes on your neck," He pointed to the spot on my neck, one that had never faded. "He's already marked you, meaning he made you apart of his pact, made you his essentially. You probably noticed that you can feel what he is feeling, his emotions, his pain, whatnot." I nodded in confirmation. "That is all normal standard, ya know?" His eyes then gradually darkened.

"But if you, a human, marked him back," He began to warn me. "A Chosen Alpha at that, it would be mere chaos." My heart began to beat because I remembered biting into his neck the second time that we had sex. "What is that supposed to mean?" I pondered and Mikhail looked at me, his face full of some emotion I couldn't recognize. "The thing is, I'm not too sure. If he were to engage in battle with someone else, it would cause you severe pain than it would if he wasn't the Chosen Alpha. You would have a higher chance of dying and since you're human, healing won't help." He concluded and I sat there, absorbing this information. Before I could speak, he continued.