OHD: Chapter Thirty

This is the last chapter.

Dr. Jose Luca Grazi

It had been two weeks since I arrived in San Antonio, and a week since that bitch died and I've never been happier and I've never seen such a carefree pack house. Everyone seemed to be in higher spirits and I knew it had something to do with the recovery of Kyra and Cortez. They seemed to be different, too different than the first impression and the stories I've heard about them. They looked so nice, so relaxed, and I knew it was because of the haze that they were under.

While that was just beautiful and all, touching really, I had major issues to cock up the wall with Kaiden. 

It seemed like everything was fine and just dandy, but I had so many feelings inside of me that wouldn't fade and I knew it had something to do with the events that transpired. I made sure that Luca was playing with Rosemary and taken care of by one of the omega mothers before taking off. "Hey," I murmured as I caught Kaiden's eye, standing awkwardly in the doorway of his office. He winked at me as he finished looking over papers. "Can we talk for a minute?" I still had some lingering angst from the situation with him and Veronica Mercury and I wanted to clear it up. "Yea, babe, come in." I pushed off of the doorway and closed the door, letting out a sigh. "What's on your mind?" He pushed away some papers, removing his glasses as he motioned for me to come closer to him. 

I walked over to him slowly, savoring in the scent of fresh mahogany wood and the smell of his cologne as I inched near my man. "So," I stood as he wrapped a thick arm around my waist, flicking his brown-eyed stare up to study my face. I found it hard to look at him--I felt like these were such insignificant thoughts to bring up after the fact. "I just wanna know, eh, why'd'ya hit me like that?" I murmured out in such a small voice and he stared at me, his gaze unwavering and his face stoic. "I know I said that I knew it wasn't you, but it still hurt." I confessed. "It's like every time I look at you, I only see your eyes full of hatred. I guess I'm just upset because all this time that you've been preaching about me being your mate and how my word was valid over anyone else's, you were so quick to throw that notion out the door and to the pavement," I drawled as I waved my hands in the air.

"Please don't ever do that again. Don't ever treat me like I'm not important, like I'm nothing when someone is around," I stated curtly, referencing how cold he acted whenever Jasmine or whatever the hell her name is, came around. "You caught me off guard, but hit me like that again, wolf or not, I'll end ya shit." I folded my arms and glared at him straight into his eyes so that he knew that I wasn't playing any games. "No need to look at me like that, love," He cracked his knuckles as he sighed in remorse. "I really do hate myself for treating you like that. I do hate myself for not trusting you, especially since you came here on impulse. I do hate myself for messing your beautiful face, especially when I didn't mean it," Kaiden turned to me and took my hand in his, yanking me forward and there was a fierce and determined stare directed towards me--I gulped at the intensity of it.

"Listen well and listen clear," He stated in a dark tone and I found myself nodding. "I would never in my fucking lay my hands on you like I did that day and I mean that shit, Jose!" I was taken aback by how serious he looked, how regretful his face seemed and how truly beaten down he was about it. It appeared that he had been thinking about it all this time. "I'm so mad at myself for treating you, my treasure, so terribly." He ran a hand through his hair as he looked down at the ground sullenly.

"I love you too fucking much to lose you like that."

Right then and there, ya boy knew for sure that Kaiden West was it, despite the many challenges that he posed. "As long as you learned from your mistakes, little boy," I teased. "It's alright. Kids have to grow up and learn." I smirked evilly, watching as his face transformed into one of annoyance. "Shut up." He rolled his eyes and I ruffled his hair, pulling him close to me as his arms wrapped around me. "It wasn't your fault, ya bloody wanker, I mean, mierda, no one would have been able to tell. Don't beat yourself up about it too much." Those feelings of angst permeated into dust once I saw how distraught he looked. "It's all important that you know that I'll have your back." I admit that I did feel betrayed and pushed back on the burner, but I knew that he knew he was wrong.