OHD: Chapter Twenty Eight

Kaiden Levi West

I woke up amidst the blaze of the room, feeling my head lolling over in pain as blood trickled down the back of my neck. Where was I?

I tried to move my hands or even my legs, but something was keeping me rooted to my spot. I couldn't move or even stretch. My wrists hurt and it felt like something was digging into them. My ankles were sore and swollen and my chest felt extremely tight, filled with fluid. My eyes were droopy, throbbing to the touch and I could barely see anything. My vision was blurry, too blurry like I had my head stuck in a cloud or something.

I was up against what felt like bars of a cage as cool air drifted over my naked figure, goosebumps rising to the touch. My throat felt dry, stained with the taste of iron. I felt sluggish and as I tried to sit up, I caught myself thinking as to how I got in this position. 'Lucius?' I called out in a hoarse voice within my mind but I garnered no response. This was highly unusual for me to not to be able to get in touch with Lucius. I let out a small moan pain as I shifted, wincing a bit as I looked around the dark lit dungeon, seeing a small body in the corner with a hum of epiphany coming from somewhere else?

I couldn't see, it appeared to be too foggy. I couldn't cough, yet there was so much dust stuck in my chest. It hurt, felt like something was squeezing my lungs free of oxygen and I couldn't help but wheeze and gasp. I looked down at the burning hole of pain in my stomach, seeing a bright purple glow coming from inside. 

Wolfsbane.

I heard whimpering coming from that small body just a few feet away from me and I tried so hard to lift my head and speak, but it hurt too much. "H-" I sputtered, my mouth too dry and stained with crimson, the droplets flying everywhere. "Hello?" I whispered and from the film of my eyes, I could tell that the small body turned to look at me with its brown eyes. I could make out blonde hair and brown eyes so that meant that it had to no one other than Luca, little bear. "Little bear, are you okay?" I wheezed out and he narrowed his eyes. "Yes." He grunted out in a huff before turning away, muttering to himself. He was upset, that much I could tell. "How did we get here?" I murmured, trying to think back to when I was with Jose.

Shit.

I hit him. I remembered not being able to think, under a haze of some sort and I couldn't control my actions or the things I said. I felt dormant to something else. I hit my mate. That thought crushed me.

"You tell me," Luca replied as he shuffled around, blood trailing down his figure and it made me livid. "You're her best friend." He stated and I looked around the dim lit room, trying to find a way out but there was none. All we heard was the sound of that humming mixed with some chuckling and my strength was shot. "I see that you guys are awake." I snapped slowly to hear thick heels clacking against the pavement and I looked up to see a woman with blonde and black hair standing there, her silhouette reminding me of someone. "Jasmine?" I whispered and the woman cocked a smirk. "What are you doing?" I questioned. "Untie me." I pulled against the chains on my wrists, Luca watching and assessing the situation carefully as if he wasn't brutally injured.

"Oh, Kai, so innocent," She stepped in slowly, a bowl in her hand as she barely spared a glance at Luca. "By the way, don't call me Jasmine." She huffed in disgust and it took me a few minutes to finally understand what she meant. "My name is Veronica Mercury." Then a blue light began to glow all around her and my eyes widened. What the hell was going on? "Huh?" I belted out and she sighed, shaking her head. "I'm a witch and I merely created the name Jasmine just for you." She grinned out and it all felt so ethereal. Was I dreaming?