OHD: Chapter Nineteen

Dr. Jose Luca Grazi

"Huh?"

I didn't know what to expect when Mikhail directed us to the house that Kaiden was using to train and progress his abilities. I knew that it would be empty, that's for sure, but I didn't know how empty. "What's the meaning of this?" We stood in what used to be the living room, nothing in it except the people that were standing in it: us. "Where the hell is everything?" I questioned and Mikhail sighed. "He sold it." He confessed and my eyes widened. "He only has his clothes and his necessities. Everything else is gone." I looked away from him slowly, coming to terms with the fact that this was all surreal. He really did leave. He really did. I had no idea what I should have done but at that moment, I kind of wanted to cry bittersweetly.

"But all that was left was this." I snapped my head over to Mikhail and looked his hand as he handed me a folded piece of paper, a look of solemn etched over his features. He looked so worn out and scared and it made me fearful enough to not want to read it. Nevertheless, I did. I opened up that folded piece of paper and no words could have prepared my heart for the turmoil that I was about to experience. Not one singular word.

Mikhail,

You were right. I should have told Jose. I'd probably be better off than I am right now. It hurts too much to walk, let alone fight. I can slowly feel myself dying off and I have no one to blame but myself. I don't blame Jose for the way that he reacted. I probably would have reacted the same way. Can you blame me for not wanting to see that look of pain on his face when I tell him all of these things that come along with being the mate of a Chosen? I don't want anything but to see him smile.

But I can't. I have to leave now because my olf pack is in a war. Turns out Isak and Elias have back up. I know I'm not apart of that pack anymore, but I just can't leave them defenseless, especially when my father is no condition to fight. What kind of Alpha would I be if I didn't run to aid people in need?

Ha. I'm sure you know what me leaving means. I don't have a mate anymore, which means that my power is diminishing. Who's to say I'll make out of this war alive? It's okay though, the reason that they are being attacked is my fault so I'm willing to be a sacrifice.

Do me a favor, please. Can you just watch over Jose, my little spitfire, for me? I want to make sure that he gets the happiness that he deserves. You know he's so precious and so beautiful. I'm glad he was mine, even if it was a short period of time.

This might be the last that we speak to each other. Even if it was brief, you were a good friend of mine, even consider you my best friend. You did a lot for me than my own best would have. I thank you for that.

Stay cool.

K.L.W.

P.S, tell Jose that I will always love him.

I didn't even realize that I was crying until one of my tears hit the paper and stained it, a remembrance of the moment. "Kaiden...." I whispered, shutting my eyes tightly. "You piece of shit, cazzo!" I cursed, clenching the paper in my hand. God damn it! I gritted my teeth in mere frustration. That figlio di puttana! That arsehole! That fucking idiota! How dare he think that his life is so inferior? How dare he think of himself as a sacrifice? Didn't he know what he was leaving behind?

Didn't he?

"I understand that you are still upset, Jose." Mikhail came and stood next to me as Nicca started to freak out. "I understand it all, but you must know that mates are only once and never again." Nicca stopped and looked at him curiously.