OHD: Chapter Thirteen

Dr. Jose Luca Grazi

"What's the matter with you, you raging homo?" I could hear Nicca's concerned voice as he peered into my line of vision, his eyes squinted together as if he was trying to get a read on me. I noticed quickly and sent him a glare. "Oi, wanker, I fuckin' see you." I snapped, knowing that I didn't mean anything I said. Nicca just sat there in front of me, his eyebrow slowly rising. "Okay, now I know there is something wrong with you." He pulled his chair closer with his free arm. "Go on ahead and spit it out." He motioned and I stared him down deadly, the effect being nothing before I let out a sigh.

"It's Kaiden," I began with a low tone. "You ever get the feeling that someone is hiding from you, you know that feeling?" I asked and Nicca nodded, wanting me to keep going. "Well, I get the feeling that he's hiding something and I'm not talkin' about those small secrets like he has an extra toe or something," I grumbled. "It's like something life-changing, to be bloody honest. Every single time I ask him about it, he seems to dodge the question or persuade me to think that it's nothing serious and that he'll tell me when the time is right, and I am a damn fool for agreeing." I snarled angrily.

"But it is his secret." Nicca said after a moment of silence and I nodded. "Yea, you're fucking right and I'm trying my best to respect his privacy cuz' everyone is entitled to have their secrecy and whatnot," I huffed, sitting up straighter, trying to seem more confident than I felt. "But it's hard to not wonder what the bloody hell it is when people are coming after you because of it!" I didn't mean to yell that last part but judging by the way Nicca's eyes widened, I'd say he understood what I meant.

"Do you understand how many people have come after me because of him?" I was trying not to tell Nicca about Kaiden's wolfman appearance because he would immediately go into cardiac arrest and I'm too much on the verge of tears to save him. "Have any idea how scared I am to walk into one of the rooms at the hospital to see someone there for Kaiden, or worse." I sputtered. "I've even gotten death threats on his behalf!" I screeched and Nicca looked down at the ground, unsure of what to say. 

"I-I had no idea." He said and I sighed. "Does Kaiden know?" He questioned and I shook my head. "No. I don't want to put pressure on him and force him to tell me," I knew it was the right thing to do because if I pushed too hard, I don't know what would happen. "But at the same time, it's putting pressure on me because I feel like I have to shield my life or something absobloodlutely dangerous will happen." I bit my lip and looked out of the window of the diner that we were sitting in, a retro feel to it as music played in the background. "Well when you put it like that," Nicca muttered. "You have no choice but to stand your ground." That was all he said but I knew exactly what he was trying to say. "I hate that I have to leave but I have a doctor's appointment to check up on my body." He said. "Ya know, car crash and all?" He grinned and I couldn't help but follow suit.

"Yeah," I watched as he stood up, leaning over to give me a hug. "Make sure to call me later, rusty arse." He rolled his eyes and flipped his finger at me before turning around to leave. "Whatever and you're paying for my food, gay man." I smiled softly as I turned my head back to the counter, sure of my later plans. "Can I get a coffee, black?" I heard a familiar voice a few people down from me and I looked up to see it who it was.

Ah, must be my lucky day.

I threw down a twenty to pay for both of our meals and made my way down to the person. "Isak," I spoke in a curt tone, grimacing when the man of the honor turned around in his seat to face me. "Well, well, well, look who I have the honor of seeing today." He smirked ruefully and I narrowed my eyes. "We need to talk." I stated and he rolled his eyes, throwing a five dollar bill on the counter. "Here for the shit coffee." He stood and to avoid dragging anything out, I grabbed him by his hand and led him out of the diner, marching over to the far end of the diner. "Fin-" All of a sudden, I found myself being lifted into the air with a hand wrapped around my throat as my eyes widened in fear as I began to panic, my breath being limited.