OHD: Chapter Ten

Dr. Jose Luca Grazi

"You look like you need a wheelchair." I snorted in distaste at my best friend's voice as he laid in his bed, bandages all over his body. "Shut up Nicca, before I give you another wound to worry about." I groaned and he smirked in arrogance. "I'd like to see you try with Mikhail around." I narrowed my eyes at the hot yet offending piece of garbage sitting in a chair a few feet away from us with his eyebrow raised.

"I'm your best friend. I'm sure he'll let me kill you." I rolled my eyes and Mikhail cocked a grin at that. I sat down in the chair beside his bed with a wince, hating myself for not stopping the continuous hours of sex. I felt like a grandma who needed a cane to walk, bloody hell. "Where's Kaiden?" Nicca asked and I noticed from the corner of my eye that Mikhail was listening intently. Maybe he was a werewolf too? I didn't know because I doubted Nicca knew. With how naive he was, he was bound to let his fear control his actions. "Had to go handle some info for your case, ya know, try to catch the big bad man who did this to you." I deadpanned. "He'll be by later." I waved a hand at him and he stared at me, a smile on his face. "It's cute how cute you guys are." Nicca tilted his head. "I never thought you would give up your status as a top." He smirked and I glared bullets into his forehead.

"Uh, I'm still a top no matter how you look at it." I folded my arms and he raised a brow. "Oh yeah? Name one time Kaiden has let you top." He challenged and I pouted, turning my head to the side. The way he was making it seem like was that Kaiden and I would always be together and I wasn't sure where I stood on that.

He seemed like he was hiding something from me, but I didn't know what. It made me wonder what exactly it was because he was doing an awful lot of keeping things to himself, things he knew he probably should tell me. I wasn't going to push him though. "Maybe Kaiden will let me top one day." I shrugged nonchalantly and Nicca stifled a high pitched laugh. "As if, gay boy." He smirked. "Have you seen how much bigger Kaiden is than you?" I nodded painfully, having seen how bigger than me he was on many occasions. Must be why I feel like my arse is gone. "At least I had a chance at being a top, rusty arse. You wanted to head first into a relationship with ole creepy boy, knowing that you'd be the bottom." I winced at how insensitive I came off but Nicca took it in stride.

"You right, Jose." He looked down at his hands, a smile on his face. "I just want to be happy, you know?" He looked back up at me, peering into my eyes. "I want to be happy like you are." Nicca tilted his head in a knowing way and I raised a brow, unsure of what he was getting at. "What in the bloody hell are you talking about?" I chuckled, tone full of mirth. "You honestly think that I'm happy in a relationship?" I raised a brow and he nodded. "Aren't you dating Kaiden?" He questioned and my eyes widened.

"I..." I sighed lowly. "I'm not even too sure myself, mate." We never truly did put a title to whatever this was, so to me, we might as well be friends with benefits, though I wasn't sure about the friends part. "You don't have to think too hard about that, Jose." A voice piped up and Nicca and I snapped our heads to Mikhail, who suddenly seemed more closer than before. "Kaiden more or less told me how important you are to him." He smiled softly and I noticed that the glint in his eyes changed shape, almost feral.

Holy shit.

This daggone fool was a werewolf too! 

I narrowed my eyes at him, letting him know that I knew what he was hiding. "Well unless he tells me, I can't go by your word. You understand, don't ya?" I murmured. It wasn't that I didn't trust Mikhail's word. I wanted so badly to believe it, but what if he was lying to me? I just met him, so how I can trust his word, especially when I haven't heard anything from him? Someone like me, I need confirmation. He can't be another Zy, especially when I've already jumped so deep into the pit.