Memories

Keykey's POV

I yell at Lock for a good 20 minuets and swim off to my cave where I go to make more potions.
I just want them to be together and be happy. Not like this..
Caleb is miserable and Lock is confused. I know it's going to take a while for me to do this but...

I have to make a potion to make lock human for a while.

I don't like having to do this but it's the only way that I know of. I begin. I think of what the old lady told me. She told me that if I were to do this it had a possibility of the mermaid that I used it on to be stuck as a human forever...

My baby brother.
He brought so much joy to me when I was little, I'd play with him everyday. I was so happy when he was born. My own baby brother he and I shared names, our mother decided that his name should be Lock. Dad thought it was funny, "Lock and Key inseparable till the very end" I remember dad saying one day after We came home covered in seaweed from playing. I didn't know that only a few years later mom and dad would disappear one day and my baby brother would blame me for it and eventually hate me.
I find it hard to believe that someone who used to be so happy and kind around someone can change so dramatically and turn rude and resentful of that person. He and I were best friends...  I still love him because he's my brother. My baby brother..

I find myself crying at the memories of the old Lock, Mom and dad, my childhood, and the way things were.. I wipe my eyes and continue with the potion.

I can't go through any more pain. I can't put him through it. I want him to be happy.
It can't fail. I've lost too much already.

I can't afford to lose him.
I can't afford to lose my baby brother...

[ author's note]

Keykey has an emotional attachment to Lock not only because of their names but of the things they used to do together before their parents disappeared in this story (they never disappeared in their actual stories) she remembers lock as the little boy who she calls her 'Baby brother' because of their age gap in this story. Lock grew up faster than key who never really grows up and is always childish. Keykey would die before anything bad happened to lock who would do the same for her and their other siblings. Lock loves keykey but still resents her for what he thinks she did to make their parents leave.

(Don't ask what he thinks she did because that's for feature chapters!)

~feral