I love you

Lock's POV.

I wake up at least 3 times during the night. Nightmares swirl around in my head all night.
I still think about my first nightmare. What was that all about..?
I shiver..
why was my dream so weird..?
Why did he kiss me? And why did he disappear suddenly?
I swim up to the surface and stare blankly at the stars. I smile, taking in how beautiful they are.

Caleb's POV

I lie in bed, awake, and
Unable to sleep. I stare at the ceiling and sigh.
Screw it. I think to myself as I throw the covers off of me and get up.
I walk to Ivy's room, she's sleeping peacefully.
I get dressed and walk to the docks. I'm going to the rocks, for some reason I feel like I'll calm down again.

I arrive at the dock where the machine is kept and set off towards the rocks.
When I get to the rocks I tie up the machine so it doesn't drift away.
I walk onto the rocks silently, trying not to disturb the rise and fall of the waves.
I find a spot and sit down. I look at the sky, it's beautiful.

I sit there for a while in relative silence.

"Ah-chu!"

I jump, "who's there?" I say
"Caleb?" I hear a familiar voice say.
"Lock?"
"What're you doing here?" Lock asks.
"I don't really know.. I couldn't sleep so I came here" I say,

"Really?!" Lock exclaims pulling himself out of the water.
"Because I've been having weird dreams and not being able to sleep..." Lock trails off,

"What were your dreams about?" I ask.
He's silent, "my parents.. and the day they disappeared.. I dreamt they came back, that they were living.. I also had a nightmare..."
"What was your nightmare about?" I ask him,
"...You"
I sit there staring at him, shocked.

Lock's POV

He stares at me. I didn't ask for this, I didn't ask for those stupid nightmares.

"W-what happened in your nightmare..?" He mumbles.

"Um.. well.."
He's silent, I can feel him staring at me in the dark.
I sigh,
"You.. kissed me in the dream... then you disappeared, but I heard your laugh, only it wasn't yours.. it was deeper and more threatening, it sounded like you or whoever was laughing was going to hurt me.."

He doesn't speak.
I laugh nervously, unsure what to do.
I hear him walk over to me, I don't look at him.

"Lock.."
"Hm..?"
"I have the feeling you're not telling me all the details of your dream.."
I look up at his face, which is calm.

I sigh, "I may have left out some parts of my dream.." I mumble
"Tell me" He says softly

"When you kissed me in my dream.."
"Yeah.. What happened?"
"I-I kissed you back..."
I look at him.
the light of the moon illuminating his face.
He's blushing.

Caleb's POV

I feel like my heart is going to fall out of my chest.
My heart needs to calm down.
Lock had a dream about me? A dream about kissing me!?
I decide to tell him about my nightmare.

I sigh,
"Lock, I need to tell you my nightmare I had a while ago.."
"Okay?"
"I woke up on the rocks. You were there, holding my hand, you hugged me, and started whispering 'I'm sorry' over and over again, the sky turned red. And I fell into the water refusing to let you go, I started drowning, but I didn't let you go.. I knew you'd survive but I couldn't bring my self to letting you go and saving myself.." I say.

He stares at me
"Why would you not save yourself? I'd be fine. You'd die." He asks

...

"Because I love you in more ways than one.. you're my best friend, I don't know what I'd do without you. I don't just love you as a friend, I love you many ways; too many to count or name. I love you..." I say surprising myself as well as well as Lock.

"I love you too..." he mutters.
I grin, and hug him.

Lock's POV

He loves me.. he actually Loves me..
I wish I knew why, but now's not the time to think of that..

[author's note again]
FINALLY! It only took then 16 freaking chapters!!! And Me two prototype chapters for to come to a chapter that I was actually proud of. It took me a week to write this one! So I hope you enjoyed this one!