Lea

Caleb's POV:

"I like you a lot"
Why did I say that..?
What'll lock think of me now?
I shake my head as I walk up the street to my house.
"Should I still go meet up with him tomorrow?" I say to myself, I sigh.

When I reach my house, I don't open the door, because it's already open.
I walk in, "Ivy..?" I say
There's no response,
"Ivy?" I say again, worried.
"Shh.. she's sleeping" I hear someone say.
I turn around and see Lea, Ivy's mother.
"What are you doing here??" I hiss,
"Visiting my daughter." She says
"Without asking me if I was okay with it!?"
"I don't need your permission I'm her mother."
"Oh, don't you dare pull that card on me. You left your daughter with me because you didn't know how to take care of her! You abandoned her with me, your childhood friend how dare you." I yell waking Ivy.
"Mm.. dad..?"
"Ivy, go to your room please.. I don't want you to hear this.." I say.
Ivy runs outside.
I look at Lea, who's sitting there with a look of disgust on her face.
"What the hell is that face about?!" I shout
"You."
"What about me?!"
"You used to be so nice, you once said you wanted to marry me when we got older.."
"Well, I lied. I've changed a lot Lea. You have too." I say lowering my voice slightly.

We're silent for a while, until Lea decides to speak.
"How's the sea?" She asks
"It's.. okay, I guess.." I say trying not to show that I enjoy the the job.
"Mhm.. what about the mermaid boy Ivy told me about?" She says slyly,
"Mermaid boy? Mermaids don't exist Lea. Ivy's 6, and she's always had an amazing imagination.. but I guess you'd never know, would you?"
"Caleb, stop being such a pain in the ass. Ok?"
"Lea, you need to leave, right now." I say the anger coming back.

"No. I want to visit my daughter."
"Lea, you left Ivy with me five, almost six years ago. She's grown up knowing me as being her dad. You need to let go."
"But-"
"Lea. Please leave now. It's late and I just want to sleep, it's been a long day."

I guide Lea to the door, closing it after her.

I walk to Ivy's bedroom and open the door. I see Ivy, lying on her bed, crying.
I walk over and sit on the end of her bed.
"Ivy..? What's wrong?" I say in a quiet voice
"I don't like it when you yell.." she says between sobs.
"I don't like yelling either.. and I absolutely hate it when you cry.." I whisper to her, trying to calm her down.
Her crying begins to cease, I wipe the tears from her face telling her that I'll try to stop yelling when I get mad.

I stay with her until she manages to fall asleep.
I walk to my room and lie down in bed, and try to clear my mind of Lea. Lock's face pops up in my mind I smile, thinking of this boy who has changed my life so drastically over the past few weeks. I see his face as I begin to drift off to sleep.