Tears

Jason's POV

I watch as keykey disappears to her 'secret' cave which I've known about for years. I follow her only to find her crying as she works on some sort of potion. I swim up to her,
"What's wrong?" I ask.
She spins around, startled. She wipes her face "Nothing. Nothings wrong" she says with her eyes filling with tears.
"Key, tell me the truth." I say.
She's silent.
"I.. I was thinking about the way things were... the way Lock was. I miss the old Lock, I miss mom and dad.." she says her voice quivering .

I look at my little sister, the girl who just wants the best for everyone she knows except for herself. I hug her, and she hugs me back crying again.

After a while I ask her what she's making.
"Potion." Is her reply
"Thanks, that's very explanatory by the fact that we're in a cave that has all your brewing equipment in it." I say sarcastically
"A potion to make lock human temporarily." She murmurs.
I look at her, knowing what the risks are that the potion won't work properly and the possibility of Lock being human permanently.
She sighs and goes back to work.

I watch her. She's playing Cupid, trying to make our brother find love. But there's more to it than that, she wants him to know what he means to her. She wants him to be happy again. To smile and laugh with someone who he wants to spend his life with. Or maybe she wants him to forgive her, to forget what he thinks she did, to thank her for helping him find love. To thank her for everything she's done for him; for saving him, protecting him from the truth of what happened to mom and dad, shielding him from reality. Even if it kills her. Tearing her heart in two, and shattering it into a million pieces.
The love she has for him is a disease with no cure. A parasite feeding off its host, slowly draining them of life.

She's never loved anyone more than she loves him.
And I don't think she ever will.

[feral]
Shit I need to stop writing sad things in the middle of the night it makes me cry.