FIFTEEN

Lucinda stood with Dorian and Leon on either side of her, a wicked smirk on her face. She had purple mist circling her palms, waiting for the army of newborn vampires arrive.

Rowena had been reanimated as well, in a way similar to her tiger, and sat perched on her shoulder. Zara stood beside her witch, her head pressed up against Lucinda's hip.

"I think you're scaring the dogs, Lucy," Emmett announced, looking down at his oldest sister. Lucinda's smirk only grew, and she wiggled her fingers as if to wave at them, small sparks flying off the tips and landing at their feet.

"Be nice," Leon chuckled, wrapping an arm around her waist. Lucinda rolled her eyes and tilted her head to the side, listening for the sound of footsteps.

The sound of trees rustling filled the clearing, and her smirk became sadistic.

"Look alive, boys," Lucinda grinned, choosing not to take note of the worried expressions on her family's faces. "We're at war."

As the Cullen's ran forward, the Quileute Wolf pack shortly behind them, Leon climbed the tree and froze the vampires in their place, leaving them for Dorian to destroy with fire.

Lucinda had perched herself up high on a rock, standing on top of her jacket. She used her magic to throw the newborns to the other pack members to be destroyed. She felt herself growing tired, but she couldn't worry about that.

Not when her family was at risk.

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed a newborn creeping up behind one of the wolves. Lucinda didn't know them by name — something she wished she'd done now — and let out a sigh.

"Rowena, be my eyes," she murmured softly, and her stormy blue eyes darkened into a coal black.

The raven flew down from the sky and grabbed the newborn vampire by the shoulders, throwing it into the dirt.

Lucinda used her magic to lift the woman off the ground. She clenched her fists and swung them down, effectively shattering her into pieces.

"Pay more attention!" Lucinda yelled down to the wolf as her eyes slowly faded back into their beautiful icy blue. She let out a loud shriek as she was tackled from the rock, landing with her back on the ground.

"Lucy!" Rosalie cried out worriedly, but Lucinda let out a quiet growl.

"Get the hell off me!" She screamed. The purple mist — her magic — billowed from her chest and threw the teenage boy back and into Zara, who tore his head off.

Lucinda climbed onto her feet, eyes full of rage.

"Well now I'm just pissed," she muttered. She rolled up the sleeves to one of Dorian's button up flannel shirts,  and let out a scream as she stomped her foot.

The new born vampires fell to the ground, momentarily giving the Cullen's and the Wolf Pack an advantage. Not five minutes later, the battle was over.

"Are you alright?" Her two closest friends asked immediately, their hands hovering over her frantically. Lucinda rolled her eyes and swatted them away, picking up body parts that had been scattered around the clearing.

"I'm fine," she muttered, tossing a detached arm at the twins. "Just peachy."

"Mhmm," Dorian scoffed with a roll of his eyes, earning slap to the chest from his brother. "What? I'm just saying. Every woman I've been with—"

"—The ones you slept with?" Lucinda asked with a wicked smirk.

"—Yes, now shut up," Dorian grumbled, "but every woman I've met that says she's fine, means the exact opposite."

"He isn't wrong, Lou," Leon cut in softly. Lucinda felt her throat close up. No one had called her that in almost 700 years.

"You don't call me that," she told them lowly, brushing past them. Their shoulders bumped as Zara follows after her, sending the Adams twins a warning snarl.

Lucinda moved herself away from everyone else, leaning with her back against a tree and her jaw clenched. She didn't cry anymore. She hadn't since she lived in London back when she first met Carlisle.

If she were being honest, she hadn't felt anything since 1305.

She wanted to feel things — she wanted to feel love, happiness, and all the other wonderful emotions — but she could not bare to feel the pain of the hole in her heart that Kane had left behind.

Zara rested her large head in Lucinda's lap, purring gently in hopes of bringing the witch some comfort. Lucinda stroked her head absent mindedly, her thoughts focused on Kane.

She could remember staring into his beautiful sky blue eyes, and how they crinkled at the outer corners when he laughed.

She remembered the way it felt to run her fingers through his soft curls that he so often complained about, and how she would remind him that the curls were one of the reasons she fell for him in the first place.

How he would always complain about having to shave his face.

How his fingers felt laced through her own.

How it felt to fall asleep in his arms.

But, most importantly, Lucinda remembered his smiled. The corners would lift as high as they possibly could, showing off his pearly white teeth. They way his cheeks always flushed a rosy pink the moment his lips stretched.

Her heart would swell up almost noticeably in her chest —  probably one or two sizes too big — and she would gain the overwhelming urge to smile too. She would look up at meet his eyes, her smile widening, and then he would bend down while she reached up on the very tips of her toes and he would kiss her.

Lucinda closed her eyes and let out a shaky breath, feeling a warm breeze move through the clearing. An inexplicable feeling — the same feeling she'd gotten the day they buried Kane in what was now the rolling fields of Galway, Ireland — filled her body.

"I'm trying to be strong, Kane," she whispered faintly. Lucinda laid a hand on her shoulder. It felt as if her hand was resting above Kane's; like she could feel him gripping her shoulder.

A shuddered breath escaped her as she climbed to her feet, noticing that the Wolfpack had disappeared, and four figures cloaked in black had taken their place.

When she realized who they were, a wicked grin formed on her lips. Lucinda walked silently over to her family, her red hair billowing behind her because of the same warm wind she believed to be Kane Floyde. She cleared her throat, catching the attention of the Volturi Guards.

"Jane, Darling! It's been so long, hasn't it?"

A/N

Alright

I owe you guys a giant thank you for getting this story to #3 in 'Imprint'.

You're all amazing, and I'm in awe.

I'm super excited for you all to see the character development I have in store for my sad not-yet-couple.

Also you might've noticed, but, I did my best to make a mood board for Lucinda, so please go ahead and tell me what you think!

H.