TWENTY SEVEN

"From what I saw in Seth's thoughts, yesterday, you looked really hot in that black dress," Leah commented casually, popping a starburst into her mouth.

"I know," Lucinda hummed, taking a sip from her unlabeled rust coloured bottle of home-made rum. She cleared her throat and shot Leah a lazy wink. "That's why I wore it."

"You looked ready for a funeral," Leah continued, sparing her a glance.

"It pretty much was a funeral," Lucinda scoffed, taking another swig from her bottle.

Leah shot her a wide grin and ran a hand through her shoulder length hair, sinking further into the couch they were seated on. "I knew I was friends with you for a reason," she mused.

"Because I'm such a lovable person?" Lucinda smiled smugly, stealing a piece of popcorn from their large bowl and delicately placing it in her mouth.

"Definitely."

Lucinda shot Leah a cheeky smile and tilted her head. She pursed her lips as her eyes wandered around the room. They widened when she caught sight of  the small clock hanging from the wall.

"I've got to go, Leah," she murmured as she stood up. "I promised your mother and your cousin I would go over to Sam's place and do the cooking for tonight."

"I'll go with you," Leah shrugged. She turned the TV off and stretched her limbs, a faint crack resonating from her neck.

"You're going to Sam's willingly?" Lucinda asked, raising her brows skeptically.

"It's easier when you're there," Leah shrugged, tucking her hands into the pockets of her shorts. "Because then I know not everyone hates me."

"Let's go then," Lucinda shrugged.

•••

"This is crazy weird," one of the newest pack members — Brady — commented, his eyes comically wide as a frying pan encased in purple mist floated past his head.

"It's freaking awesome, though," the other new boy — Colin — breathed.

"It's eh," Leah muttered, tilting her hand from side to side as if to say it could be better.

"Oh please," Lucinda scoffed. She flicked her hand sending purple mist towards the fridge to dig out the ingredients without looking up from her cookbook. "You and Seth love watching me use my magic, Leah."

"True," Leah shrugged, taking a sip from the Rum bottle Lucinda had brought with her. "Hey this is actually really good, where did you get it?"

"Leon and Dorian got bored a couple hundred years ago, so they started making their own Rum," Lucinda told her as she poured milk into her cookie batter while a purple mist-like hand stirred it with a wooden spoon. "I could get you some, if you'd like."

"Can we try some?" Brady asked hopefully.

Lucinda scoffed and strutted over to the kitchen table, flicked his nose, then swatted the back of his head. "You can't even drive yet," she scoffed. "I'm not going to be the one your parents murder for introducing you to alcohol."

"Fine," Brady grumbled.

"Lucinda are you free tomorrow night?" Colin piped in, wiping his hands nervously on his shorts.

"Why, do you need a baby sitter?" Lucinda retorted, one of her delicate brows raising in question.

She heard Paul bark out a loud laugh from Emily's living room, the rest of the pack joining in as Seth wandered into the kitchen with a wide smile on his lips.

Lucinda shot him a smirk and moved forwards, then pressed her lips to his. "I told you she's with me," Seth grinned after pulling away, eyes glancing between Colin and Brady before settling back on his imprint. Lucinda leaned into his side with a soft smile, her head resting on his shoulder.

"I was just checking," Colin frowned, holding his hands up in defense.

"Sure you were," Leah snorted. She took another short swig from her bottle, then set it down on the table in front of her. "Anyways, I'm going to go, 'cause this whole thing is making me sick."

"Don't be petty, Leah," Lucinda snorted. She separated herself from Seth's side and wrapped her arms around Leah. "You can leave. But if I don't see you at the bonfire tonight, I might just have to eat your share of the cookies," Lucinda threatened.

Leah saluted mockingly at her, then sauntered out of the kitchen just as Emily walked in.

Lucinda let out a small sigh and went back to her busy cooking, her brows furrowed as she read through the ingredients of a particularly old looking leather bound book.

"What are you making?" Seth asked curiously as he sat in the seat Leah had previously been occupying.

"Depends on which thing you're talking about," Lucinda laughed, glancing up from her book for a short moment. "But if you really must know, you lot are getting enough burgers and lasagna to feed the World War 2 American Army — I would know, I was there — and home made chocolate chip cookies. If you're all lucky and I've got enough time, I'm going to make a bunch of different pies, but it all depends."

"You can cook that much?" Embry asked curiously, wandering into the kitchen with his head tilted to the side.

Lucinda shot him a look. "Before the time of Queens and Kings, I had to not only make, but find enough food to feed my twelve kids — and husband — with what I could scavenge and hunt in the woods. Now that I've got this variety of ingredients and cook books, I can do essentially whatever I want."

"How many kids have you had?" Embry breathed, his eyes wide with bewilderment. He pulled out the chair next to Seth and watched as she simply shrugged her shoulders then continued cooking.

"I stopped counting after I reached triple digits," Lucinda admitted after a moment of silence.

"That's impressive," Paul commented.

Lucinda glanced up from her cookbook, realizing that the rest of the pack had now sat down at the kitchen table. "Not really," she shrugged. "I've been around for well over a millennia." She waved her wrist once all the balls of cookie dough were ready and sent the tray floating into the oven. Then she set the timer and began to clean up her mess.

"Did you have more boys or girls?" Quil piped in, his head tilted to the side.

"If I'm being honest, almost all of the children I've had are boys," Lucinda answered with a light smile. "The only girls I birthed are the ones I had with the Adams brothers."

"You slept with Dorian and Leon?" Embry gawked.

Lucinda shared a small, knowing look with Emily, who had since joined them and now stood in the doorway of the kitchen. She rolled her eyes and moved her hair off her shoulders. "Have you not seen them?" Lucinda scoffed with a raise of her delicate eyebrows. "They're gorgeous men. Of course I've slept with them. One tends to grow bored when they're gifted with infinity."

"She's not wrong," Emily shrugged from the doorway.

"How are you not jealous," Jared frowned, their attention turning to Seth.

"I don't need to be," Seth shrugged simply. He stood up and wrapped an arm around Lucinda's shoulders.

"I'm not going to lie," Lucinda murmured. "They were good in bed." She wrapped her arms around Seth's middle and leaned into his side, her head resting on his bicep. "But I'd rather have you."

A/N:

Two updates in a month??? Who am I???

Seriously tho, I just finished a 3 hour math exam and got home and wrote this entire thing and figured you guys deserved it for being so patient with me so, enjoy!!!

H.