TWENTY FIVE

Weeks later, Lucinda sat next to Seth as she watched Bella walk down the isle. It was a beautiful ceremony, she would give Alice that much. But Lucinda still didn't agree with Edwards choice to marry Bella. Not at all.

But she did respect it.

"I'll behave," she muttered quietly, just loud enough for Esme to hear. "I'm just happy that Edward is happy."

Out of the corner of her eye she could see Esme smile, and she let out a small sigh. Seeming to notice her discomfort, Seth laced his fingers with hers and sent her a small but encouraging smile.

Lucinda couldn't help but smile back.

As Edward kissed Bella in front of all their friends and family, she felt her heart lurch in her chest. She pursed her lips and shifted in her chair, clenching her jaw.

"Have patience," Seth murmured quietly.

"I'm trying," Lucinda grimaced, watching as the newlyweds left the alter and were greeted by all their guests. "But this is just crazy." And I reminds me of something I wish I'd had many years ago, she wanted to add in. But she didn't.

For his sake.

"He loves her, Lucy," Seth sighed as he stood up, gently pulling her to her feet as well.

"I know he does," Lucinda sighed, unable to contain her smile when he pulled her in for a hug and kissed the top of her head. "But he has jeopardized our family more in the last two years than he has in his entire existence put together. And all for her."

"I'd do it too," Seth admitted quietly.

Lucinda turned her head and raised her brows as she laid her head on his shoulder. "You would?"

"Absolutely," he nodded without a moments hesitation. "I love my pack brothers like I love my family — and Leah too, of course — but you mean so much more to me in ways that they never could. If I lost you, I think I'd tear down anything and everything in my way until I got you back." Seth pressed another kiss to her forehead before his arms fell to his sides, though he kept his grip on her hand. "Now come on. We should go congratulate them."

"I guess so," Lucinda sighed. She allowed him to pull her in her brothers directions, trying to refrain from pursing her lips and shooting him her signature bitch face.

As they approached her brother, Seth let go of her hand to pull Edward in for a happy hug. "Congrats, man," he grinned.

"Thank you," Edward smiled, wrapping his arms around Seth tightly.

When he let go, he turned to Lucinda expectantly. Begrudgingly, she pursed her lips and hugged Edward carefully, her arms ghosting around his waist without touching him. "Congratulations, brother," she murmured. "May you be happy for a very long time."

"Thank you," Edward muttered stiffly.

Lucinda then turned to Bella and hesitantly wrapped her arms around her thin shoulders, muscles tense. "Welcome to the family," she sniffed, then pulled away.

She didn't get a response. Bella simply shuddered in her grasp, then dropped her arms to her sides. Lucinda pursed her lips and slid her hand back into Seth's, then pulled him away.

"That was nice of you," Seth grinned, letting go of her hand to sling an arm over her shoulder.

"If I'm going to have to put up with her whiny personality for the rest of my existence, I might as well make an effort," Lucinda scoffed, wrapping an arm around his waist. Her beautiful features darkened, creasing into an unhappy frown.