TWENTY NINE

"It's 8:30 in the morning," Lucinda mused as she took a sip of her tea, a brow raised as her attention was focused solely on Seth. "What in gods name are you doing here?"

"I'm taking you out today," Seth grinned, his hopeful and happy expression leaving Lucinda little room to argue. "On a date, I guess. As long as you don't mind."

"I don't mind at all," Lucinda smiled. She set her teacup down on her bedside table and immediately wandered towards her walk in closet, expression set into one of determination. "Just let me change first."

"You don't need to change, you look beautiful all the time," Seth promised her. Taking one brief look at his face, Lucinda knew he wasn't lying. Nevertheless, he flopped down onto her empty bed and waited for her to find the clothes she wanted. There was no point in even trying to argue with her.

Moments later, Alice came barreling into the large room, a plastic bag full of clothes held tightly in her hands. "I've been paying very close attention — unbelievably close — and in the small glimpses I've seen, this is what you're wearing."

"Thank you, Alice," Lucinda chuckled. She patted her sisters head before going to take a shower. After humming sweet songs she'd heard on the radio while washing her hair, Lucinda dried herself off and got dressed.

"Emmett, give Alice a very tight hug for me," she whispered quietly, running a delicate hand across her stomach. She heard her brother let out a loud laugh as she looked at herself in the bathroom mirror at different angles.

After twisting her hair back into Dutch braids, Lucinda exited the bathroom and went to her room, where she knew Seth was waiting. As she slid on her shoes, she heard a loud whistle.

"I cant guarantee you that there won't be a single person in Port Angeles who isn't staring," Seth grinned, throwing an arm around her shoulders.

Lucinda let out a loud laugh and leaned into his side. "I highly doubt that," she snorted. Then grabbed her purse and straightened herself out. Seth immediately snatched it from her hands and carefully put in on her desk.

"I'm paying," he told her adamantly. "I've been doing small jobs here and there for pretty much everyone in La Push, so there is no way I'm not paying for today."

"But I've got enough—"

"—There is nothing you can say that will change my mind," he cut her off with a small grin. Lucinda rolled her eyes, though she couldn't hide her smile as they reached the bottom of the stairs.

Emmett stepped in front of them, his eyes squinted in what was supposed to be an intimidating manor. "I expect to have her back home by—" he turned to Alice with a small frown "—what time to the humans always need to be home by?"

"Usually ten," Alice supplied him, wrapping her arms around Jasper's middle. Lucinda no longer felt the pang at her heart as she watched the scene in front of her, and Rosalie leaning into Emmett's side.

Instead, she smiled as Emmett continued his warning. "Right," he nodded. "I expect her to be back by ten."

"I'll have her back by nine," Seth grinned cheekily.

Rosalie rolled her eyes and waved them off. "Bring her back whenever, just make sure she's happy."

"I'd let you tear me to shreds if she wasn't," Seth promised her.

By the time they reached her car, Lucinda was smiling so much her cheeks hurt. Seth was telling her about the previous night, when Leah tried to tear Paul's leg off. He only paused to stare at her white Audi in amazement. "This is your car," he asked, jaw dropped as he ran a hand across the roof.

"It definitely is," Lucinda grinned. She slid into the front seat and undid her windows as Seth made himself comfortable.

Then she tore out of the garage with Seth grinning next to her

•••

"So where in Port Angeles are we going?" Lucinda asked curiously, glancing at him as she moved through traffic on the highway.

Seth smiled sheepishly at her. "Me and Leah found this place a little while ago," he explained awkwardly. "But it plays old movies for a pretty cheep price. I thought we could go for lunch, see a movie, then go shopping if you want to."

"That sounds absolutely perfect," Lucinda grinned. She tapped her fingers against the steering wheel to the beat of the song playing on the radio. "Which movie are we seeing?"

"Well, they're playing the first Jurassic Park, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, Silly Symphony — it's an old Disney movie — and 101 Dalmatians."

Lucinda smiled faintly as memories she had forgot about flooded her mind. "I'm not sure you'd want to hear them, but I can tell you some stories about these movies."

"Of course I want to hear them," Seth shrugged. He angled hi body in his seat so he was completely facing her.

Lucinda returned her attention to the road as she spoke, the same light smile twisting at her lips. She turned off the radio, and her tapping ceased.

"A few years after the first world war ended, I had been married off by my adoptive mother to a man named David Kline. He was sweet to me. Well, as sweet as men were back then. But around the time Silly Symphony came out, I was nine months pregnant." She smiled wistfully as they pulled into Port Angeles and ran a hand through her hair.

"Anyways. We were halfway through the movie when my water broke. I was taken to the hospital and spent nearly seven hours in labor before I had my beautiful little boy."

"What did you name him?" Seth asked curiously as he undid his seatbelt.

"His name was Allen Rosemund, after my sisters." He smiled at her as they climbed out of the car. Lucinda ignored the stares of everyone around her and laced her fingers through Seth's, shooting him a wide smile as they made their way out of the parking lot.

"What do you feel like eating for lunch?" Seth asked, his eyes scanning the new and old buildings around him.

"I'm thinking something with noodles," Lucinda hummed.

Seth smiled down at her and pressed a kiss to the top of her head. "Thai food it is, then."

A/N:
So it's legit past 2AM where I am and I should probably be sleeping but why would I do that when I could write about my babies being happy 🙃

H.