TWENTY TWO

"Hey, Lucy," Seth smiled sweetly.

Lucinda nodded to Paul and Embry standing behind him, then let out a shaky breath. "Hello Seth," she greeted, pursing her lips to hide her small frown.

She'd planned on telling him how she felt as soon as she saw him, but she then realized he was barely sixteen and couldn't drive yet, meaning there was at least one other pack member with him.

Damn.

"How was the trip?"

Lucinda glanced up at Embry, surprised he was speaking to her. None of them liked the Cullen's for blatantly obvious reasons, and she shared their last name, so she was pleasantly surprised. "It was alright," she hummed. "I forgot how completely and utterly aggravating Virginia can be, but that's nothing new."

Paul chuckled lowly as he took her bag from her hands, and she sighed. Seth rested a hand on her lower back — something he seemed to be doing a lot more lately — as they walked out of the airport to Paul's truck.

"Did you get to eat real crepes?" Embry asked as they all squished in.

Seth had kindly given Lucinda the passenger seat — with much complaint from Embry's childish annoyance — and sat in the seat diagonal to her. Embry had his head resting on the side of the seat near the seatbelt, his expression curious.

"I didn't just eat them, darling," Lucinda chuckled quietly. "I made them," she answered, allowing him to fist pump 'discretely' before returning his attention to her.

Embry grinned. "If I did my best to help, could we make them?"

"Absolutely," Lucinda laughed. He looked like a hopeful child.

"What's your friend like?" Seth piped in, tilting his head to the side.

Lucinda thought back to Virginia getting annoyed with a customer — another witch who was a fairly goo friend — and throwing a bowl of fresh strawberries at them, and she laughed. "Virginia is...something else," she answered truthfully. "I think she'd get along with the lot of you quite well." Then she frowned. "But that might just be me."

The entire drive through Forks consisted of Seth and Embry asking her questions about France, and what she did while she was there.

When she let it slip that she hadn't spent the whole trip in France, that ensued a new round of questions. Of course, she didn't tell them she was visiting Kane's old hut in the forests of Galway that she'd kept hidden from the world. None of them even knew who he was.

Hardly anyone did.

While many knew of the famous 'Warlock of Galway', hardly anyone knew his true name. That he wasn't a myth, or a local legend.

Only five people.

So, she humored them both and answered their questions, all with the smallest amount of sarcasm she could manage. Only Paul seemed to pick up on that. He'd shoot her small grins out of the corner of his eye, even going as far as chuckling when she gave him pleading looks.

As they drove up the Cullen's driveway, the shifters good mood immediately disappeared. Lucinda was confused, but the sight of an old rusty pick up truck in the driveway caused her mood to turn sour. She grabbed her suitcase then offered the shifters a small wave.

Edward and Bella exited the house as Lucinda walked up the driveway, causing her to purse her lips in distaste. She could see her brother silently pleading with her, but she didn't care.

Even with her emotions back, Lucinda did not like Bella.

"Lucy," Edward greeted stiffly.

Lucinda smirked. "Brother," she nodded. Her cold gaze then turned to Bella, who shuddered. "Winey human." She could hear Paul snort with laughter as she strutted past the pair and into her home, Seth closely behind her. Lucinda greeted her family with soft smiles and warm hugs.

"I'm assuming the trip went well," Esme smiled, holding her daughter at arms length.

Lucinda nodded with a sad smile. "Someone made a drawing of him," she murmured, "that was new."

Rosalie stepped away from Emmett and lightly bumped Lucinda's shoulder. "Can I see the picture?" Because of the time era she and Kane had lived in, none of them had ever seen what he looked like. Except Edward, of course. For very obvious reasons. Lucinda nodded and pulled out her phone, showing her sister the picture.

Emmett leaned over Rosalie's shoulder and whistled loudly. "Your children would have been beautiful," he commented, earning a low grumble from Seth.

Lucinda rolled her eyes and smacked Emmett's arm harshly. Not that he even felt it.

Alice skipped down the stairs, Jasper in tow, and immediately threw her arms around Lucinda. "I'm glad you're home," she smiled. Jasper hugged her as well, though she didn't say anything.

Lucinda then grabbed the handle of her bag and continued on her way to her room.

As she approached the stairs, Seth immediately took her bags from her, claiming 'it's my job to make sure you don't have to do anything'. Lucinda used her magic to unpack her bags. She laughed quietly, noticing Seth's look of awe. "What?" He pouted defensively. "It's not every day I see something out of Sleeping Beauty."

Lucinda snorted, remembering watching the cleaning scene in theaters and immediately going home and cleaning her home in that exact way. "It's understandable," she smiled. "When I first realized I could clean using my magic, I gained a lot of weight because I never got out of bed."

"You still looked beautiful," Seth answered immediately.

Lucinda raised a brow skeptically. "You didn't see me back then."

"And I don't have to," he retorted with a comfortable shrug of his shoulders. "You'll always be beautiful to me. Even if you loose all of your hair, or get heavier — or lighter — or even somehow manage to loose a limb because god knows that's entirely possible. Nothing will ever change the way I see you."

All of her bags settled to the ground, and Lucinda stared into his eyes. All she could see was the utmost honesty, and felt her heart swell in her chest.

Being in France had very clearly helped her think. It had given her the chance to make sense of what she thought and felt. It had all been very confusing at first, but to her it felt as if a puzzle piece had clicked into place.

The final piece.

She hadn't been sure of her feelings before today — not even after talking to Virginia — but now there wasn't a doubt in her mind.

Lucinda dropped the shirt she'd been folding, strode across the room, grabbed Seth's cheeks. When she looked into his beautiful brown eyes, she couldn't help but smile. How could someone so wonderful be meant for me?

And with that, she kissed him.

A/N
IT FINALLY HAPPENED GUYS

I also want to share the fact that this story has over 16k reads, and that is absolutely blowing my mind.

So thank you very much to the people who have been putting up with my slow and unorganized updates since I published the very beginning of Lucinda and Seth's story, and I hope you'll all be willing to stick around until the end of it.

All the love, H.