FOURTY ONE

It had been four days since Bella woke up.

The family had already given her and Edward their wedding present; a cottage further into the forest where they would have privacy. Lucinda and Rosalie had both, begrudgingly, given you the roles as primary care givers for Renesmee and handed her over to her mother. It was a much more difficult task for Rosalie, who had never been able to have kids, but she understood.

Jacob, Seth, and Leah practically never left the house, either. They wanted to stay with their imprints — Leah had already told her that Virginia was the one she was going to spend the rest of her life with, imprint or not — and even Rosalie couldn't complain. For the first time in what felt like ages, everything was truly peaceful.

Even though she was still adjusting to her new life style, Bella was more composed than any new born vampire Lucinda had ever seen in her life. Even after just a week after being changed, she managed to sit through an hour long conversation with Charlie without causing any harm to anyone. Even Jasper was awe struck.

But the snow was beginning to fall now, and it was something Renesmee loved to play it. So, whether everyone wanted to or not, they'd play in the snow. The only reason Lucinda was allowed to stay inside this time was because she was baking cookies; peanut butter specifically for Dorian and Renesmee, who both bonded over their intense love for them.

After promising to join them tomorrow when they went outside, Lucinda watched as a very bundled up Dorian was dragged outside by Leon and Bella, Jacob laughing his head off while close behind.

"I don't think those two will ever grow up," Virginia commented as she wandered soundlessly into the kitchen.

Used to her silent movements, Lucinda didn't jump at the sound of her voice; just smiled fondly at the topic of the conversation. "If they did, we would have something to worry about," she replied dryly.

Virginia let out a soft laugh and slid into an empty stool at the island. "Lucinda," she murmured quietly, chin settled on the heel of her palm with a dreamy smile on her face.

"Yes?" Lucinda raised a brow in amusement.

There was a beat where she didn't receive an answer, so she simply went back to her baking until Virginia was ready to talk. After almost fifteen minutes, when the latest batch of cookies was in the oven and she was beginning to scoop out another tray she finally spoke up. "I think I've found my girl of the century."

"Did Leah imprint on you?"

Virginia stared at her for a moment, brows pulled together in bewilderment. "Wait, did she tell you?" She seemed genuinely surprised at the fact that she wasn't as good at keeping her secret as she thought it was, and Lucinda laughed in response.

"No, she didn't have to and neither did you," she chuckled. "I know you, Gin, and I know the type of girl you usually go for; tall, gorgeous, and comes with an attitude."

Smiling bashfully, dropped her arms folded onto the counter and settled herself down on them comfortably, much to Lucinda's amusement. Clearly, she was what Emmett would refer to as whipped. "She calls me Ginny," she beamed, a light blush flooding her pale cheeks.

"And that just makes you swoon, doesn't it?" Lucinda chuckled in an almost sarcastic tone, though she knew she was right.

"Oh shut up," Virginia huffed with a mocking pout. She shifted in the stool, and her expression turned more serious. "Is this what it feels like with Seth?"

She smiled just at his name. "That depends, what does it feel like?"

"Safe," Virginia answered immediately, a certain level of honesty in her eyes that Lucinda rarely got to see. "Comfortable, and warm, and...wonderful."

"Then yes, that's exactly how it feels," Lucinda smiled. "I'm glad you've found someone, Gin, seeing you like this makes me happy."

Virginia stared at her in astonishment. "It makes you happy? Lucy, I had to watch you whore your way through most of Europe for thirty years before eventually getting married to someone you couldn't even love. I had to watch you all but lose your humanity for seven hundred years, because you couldn't bring yourself to face what you felt after Kane..." she trailed off, though her eye contact never wavered. "However happy seeing me with Leah makes you feel, I can promise you that watching you with Seth? It's so much more amazing."

Silently, Lucinda dropped all of her cookie materials onto the counter and walk around the island, then threw her arms around her best friends neck. "I love you," she whispered quietly. "So much. And I'm going to need you here when all of this is..."

"I'll be here," Virginia murmured her promise. "Don't think for a second that I wont be. We'll all be here. I'll tie the twins to a bed if I have to."

"Well, it won't be the first time they've had that happen anyways," Lucinda winked as she pulled away, blinking back tears moments after.

Virginia gaped at her while wordlessly materializing a tissue box out of nowhere, but Lucinda recognised it as the one from the living room Esme had left there in case Renesmee accidentally made a mess. "Really," she gasped, a somewhat sadistic grin widening on her lips at the new information.

"You're be surprised at some of the things I had to bail them out of when I was heartless enough to kick the crazy girls out of their beds," Lucinda answered back with an equally wide smile.

"Oh my god, they're never going to live this down," she beamed with a grin.

"Just make sure you mention Dinah, or Elizabeth when you bring it up," Lucinda chuckled softly, folding her arms over her chest.

She watched Virginia stand up and, with a slight skip in her step, wander through the house to the back door, saying an overly cheerful good morning to Seth who had apparently just woken up. He stood in the kitchen for a moment wearing nothing but a pair of old basketball shorts he'd left in her room, his hair all fluffy and sticking up in odd places while he stretched and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Good morning, you," Lucinda smiled happily, a warmth flooding her chest when he smiled back at her.

"Morning," he grumbled, a small pout pulling his lips down at the corners as he walked towards her. "What's she so happy about?"

"Well," Lucinda smiled, tossing her hair over her shoulders to keep out of her way while she baked. "I may or may not have accidentally let slip some information Dorian and Leon specifically made me promise not to tell her."

"What kind of information is that?" Seth grinned. He sat down where Virginia had previously been and watched her moved around the kitchen with an unexplainable grace, smiling softly.

She glanced back at him and grinned. "The dirty kind."

Seth raised his brows in surprised and opened his mouth to ask further questions, only to be interrupted by the back door flying open and the only three other magic folk barreling through before the twins wandered into the kitchen, hands over their ears. With Dorian yelling nope nope nope nope nope so loud that the Uley pack could probably hear and Leon whining out a short you promised you wouldn't tell her about that, it was very difficult to keep from laughing but Lucinda managed.

"It was three hundred years ago, I forgot," she smiled innocently, letting out a soft chuckle when she heard the thump of Seth falling off his stool and landing on the floor with laughter.

Even Leah couldn't help but laugh when she walked in to see Lucinda moving through the kitchen, dodging the other three as they walked in circles around the island with what was clearly experience, and Seth curled up on the floor with tears rolling down his cheeks. Lucinda stared at her with raised brows, allowing another burst of laughter to fall from her mouth.

"Do I even want to know what happed?" Leah asked, amused.

"Oh, you definitely do."

A/N: so u think I'm writing for this again???