4- Heading North

No more waiting, today is the day.

I cram everything I own into my duffle bag, packing every bit of clothing and all of my few personal possessions. I stuff my money inside a pair of my socks deep inside my bag, and hang my moms necklace around my neck, tucking it under my shirt.

I pull my hooded black sweatshirt over my head, and throw the bag strap over my shoulder as I exit out the door. I turn to take one last look at the room I grew up in before closing the door.

Whatever happens...I'm never coming back.

I climb up the stairs, meeting Maka at the ground floor, an anxious bounce in her foot as she waits for me. Bag also slung over her shoulder, she sighs as she sees me. Silently telling me to hurry up, no doubt anxious about getting out of here. I walk past her without a word, and she follows behind me just as quietly. Neither of us want to risk someone picking up on what we're planning...especially now that we're this close.

We get into the car, and I start driving towards the edge of the territory and to the gas station me and Sapphira chose to meet at, since leaving the parked car at her home isn't a good idea...and neither is leaving it at the place we're meeting Tony. We don't want to give Samson any leads to where we've gone. The less he knows, the better off we are.

After crossing into town, Maka finally relaxes, letting it a heavy sigh.

"I can't believe we're actually doing this Kane."

I chuckle nervously, flitting my eyes to hers before turning them back to the road.

"Neither can I, honestly. But I'm not going back now..."

"And I'm not either...I can't wait until we're finally free..."

Pulling into the gas station, I notice Sapphira's truck at one of the pumps, the bed of it covered and tied with a tarp. I park and I take my bag with me as I exit, walking up to her truck calmly. Wearing her red hoodie and black jeans, her back faces me as she fills her tank. After she puts the nozzle back, I gently grab her by the hips...making her jump in surprise.

"Hey Button."

She turns around and smiles, jumping into my arms and planting a quick kiss on my lips.

"Kane! I missed you!"

"I'm happy to see you too baby."

I plant a kiss on her forehead, and she blushes. The sound of Maka clearing her throat breaks us out of our little moment, and I chuckle. Turning us both to face a lightly scowling she wolf, raising an eyebrow at the two of us.

"It seems I've forgotten my manners, Sapphira, this is Maka. Maka, this is my gorgeous mate Sapphira."

They shake hands, and Maka smiles.

"It's about time we were officially introduced. Kane's done nothing but talk about you for the past six months."

Sapphira blushes, and I notice the time.

"We can continue this on the way, we need to meet with Tony."

They both nod, and my mate gets in the passenger seat while Maka sits in the back with our bags. I run to the pack SUV for minute, sitting a folded piece of paper over the keys on the seat divider, its contents being a well written letter to Alpha Samson of all the things I've wanted to say the past few years. The only thing I'll regret about writing it, is that I won't be here to see him read it. That will definitely be a show.