23- Little Heirs

Sapphira

Finally...finally things have settled down for the pack. No death threats, no enemy packs at our doorstep, no deranged stalkers attacking our Gamma...nothing. Just normal, happy pack life...and growing families.

Tony and Frankie have recovered well from that awful encounter with her Ex, in fact, they fully completed their mate bond about a week after he healed...and though they have been fully mated for about a month now, they aren't expecting any pups yet...

But Maka is, at a little over a month along she and my brother are ecstatic, they've already painted their nursery for the pup...and from their announcement at the shower, we're going to have another Beta Female to follow in Maka's footsteps.

I simply can't wait to be an aunt again, to have a little niece to spoil rotten, and call me Aunt Saphie along with my three nephews.

As far as me and Kane go, our pups are growing by the day...and not just the twins that are due to arrive any day now. But also little Keith, who we officially adopted after Black Sun became Rising Sun. He's quickly become an important part of our family, and is particularly excited about being a big brother.

But what he doesn't know is that me and Kane have something planned for him today.

"Where we going, Mom?" He laughs as we continue walking downstairs, sitting on Kane's shoulders while covering his eyes like we told him to, his puppy Moose following behind us diligently.

"It's a surprise sweetheart, you'll have to wait and see." I giggle, Kane chuckling himself as we go down the last flight of stairs. His injuries are completely healed now, though he still has faint scars over his face and chest...it doesn't mar his looks in my opinion, only makes him look more powerful...or as the teenage pack members like to say, badass.

Once we turn into the large dining room we stop, and I nod at Kane.

"Open your eyes kiddo." Kane says, and I watch happily as Keith's face lights up in surprise when he does just that.

"Happy Birthday Keith!!" Everybody calls out happily, the dining room filled with our family members, and decorated with red and white balloons and streamers...the table covered with race car themed tablecloths, with a pile of presents on one end and party food on the other, and in the middle is a large chocolate Birthday cake with his name on it, a number seven candle waiting to be lit.

"For me?" He says, and we laugh.

"Of course baby, today's your birthday ain't it?" I answer, and he nods eagerly as Kane sets him down.

"Alright, then let's go eat first, then you can have cake and presents, how about that?" Kane murmurs, and Keith immediately takes off with Moose following behind him with just as much enthusiasm.

We spent the next couple of hours watching our little man enjoy his food, which he shared with his buddy Moose, party games, cake, and his presents....all of us getting a kick out of watching his eager puppy help rip off the wrapping paper...and wreck havoc on the cardboard boxes.

After having so much fun, all of us were exhausted...I certainly am, but as usual, my little ones have other plans. I get out of bed for what feels like the sixth or seventh time tonight to go to the bathroom, honestly having no idea when I actually drank so much...I don't recall drinking that much Capri Sun at the party...