22- Confrontation

Tony

In the few days since Frankie told me that awful story about her ex mate, the pack has been on high alert. Patrol shifts are larger in number and more frequent, and there has been at least three pack members circling our home at all times in case he shows up...and if Frankie goes anywhere, it's with me or another pack member...

But she's insisted that I need more protection than she does from Sebastian, that if anything, he would attack me first...considering in his twisted little head I'm the disgusting werewolf mutt who's stealing her away from him...that the only way to win her affection back is by killing me....in his head, this is a game...Frankie is the prize, and I'm the competition.

Let him try...I will take great joy in being the one who rips his head off after tearing the rest of him into tiny pieces, especially after what he's done to Frankie.

Stopping at an edge of our territory we share with a local logger, I shift back into my human form and pull on my pair of jeans...and pull out my pack of cigarettes I'm hiding in them along with my lighter, I take one out and place it in my mouth before putting the rest back in my pocket, and then light the one in my mouth...taking a large drag from it before exhaling the smoke.

I've honestly been trying to quit, but it hasn't particularly easy, especially with all the stress. I am slowly weening myself though...for Frankie. She says that as a vampire, things like alcohol and cigarettes affect how a persons blood smells and tastes...and she prefers me without tasting like the cigarettes I smoke...and I honestly can't blame her. I've truthfully never liked smoking, but I got hooked on it while I was in Black Sun...it was my way of handling all the stress and crap I got while I was there...

I'm getting better though, I've managed to go down to one every other day...which is a major improvement, and she's trying to help by making a potion of sorts that helps alleviate the nicotine cravings and flushes it out of my system...until she finishes it next week though, this will have to do.

Just as I'm taking my final drag and putting it out on wet stump, I hear the sound of twigs snapping behind me. I whip around, half ready to shift and rip some heads off...only to see a large buck staring at me, it's large antlers covered in deep scratches no doubt from many fights...after a moment it jolts its head up and takes off, its white tail raised high. No doubt the creature came to its senses, his curiosity being negated after smelling the wolf in me...something that most animals can sense.

Chuckling, I turn around...and come face to face with Sebastian himself, standing a few feet away from me with a hunting knife in his hand. Black hair long and disheveled, and red eyes glowing like pools of blood...he looks just as deranged as I expected him to be...his stench of rot and death is immensely noxious.

"Sebastian I assume?" I growl, and he smirks...showing off his fangs.

"Aw, Frankie-bear told you about me...how sweet...she actually likes you." His calm voice has a disturbing ring to it.

"Of course she does, she's my mate." I reply tersely, and he seems to find that funny as he laughs maniacally.

"Oh, you stupid dog...she's not your mate, she's mine...you're just the mangy mutt who stole her away." He replies as he points at me with the knife, me and my wolf growl angrily in response.

"She rejected you asshole, she no longer wants you...which isn't hard to believe considering you didn't treat her like a mate should!"

"Is that what she told you...that she doesn't want me? I hate to break it to you mutt, but she's playing you...we always play this game...because she knows how much I love when she plays hard to get..."