19- Intruders

"Are you going to tell me where exactly you're taking me Darling?" I ask as Kane carries me princess style in his arms, the hem of my light blue, ruffle off the shoulder dress swishing around my ankles as he walks. I rest my hands over my growing belly as I lean my head against his chest, the cool breeze blowing across my face. I'm almost two months along now, and our twins are growing rapidly...which makes me both excited and a little anxious for their arrival.

I know we're outside, but since he insisted on me keeping my eyes closed I have no idea where we are exactly...he just told me to wear this dress and to close my eyes before taking me out.

"Patience Button, we're almost there." He chuckles, not sounding the least bit strained. I honestly would be out of breath if I had been walking as long as he has, and I'm not carrying as much as he is...which is probably why he's toting me to our destination.

After a few more minutes he stops, and then carefully sets me down on my feet. I can feel the blades of grass tickle my feet through my sandals, and the scent of wildflowers is strong in the breeze...with the faintest hint of water.

"Here we are!" He says, and I open my eyes to see the lake surrounded by beautiful wildflowers...and a large picnic blanket with food spread out on it, most of it either my favorites or the foods I've been craving.

"I've told everyone that I'm unavailable for a few hours, and only to contact me if it's an emergency...I'm all yours right now."

I turn around to face him, his wide smile matching mine as I lean up to kiss him.

"You did all this for me?"

"Well, most of it...Nonna made the pasta salad that you love so much, and helped me make the chicken BLT sandwiches we like...half with no tomatoes like you want them. I packed the hot fries you've been craving, Maka helped with cutting up the fruit for the fruit bowls, and your brother divulged a little secret of yours..."

He points to the small cooler.

"Inside with your Gatorade and other sodas, are two piña coladas...without the alcohol. Your brother told me they're your favorite, so I made the virgin version for both of us since you're pregnant."

I take in the spread again, my cheeks warming at his sweet gesture.

"It's perfect...thank you Darling..." I murmur, and he wraps his arms presses a kiss to my cheek.

"You're welcome, I know you've been wanting to spend more time together, so I put aside some time for us to do just that..." He replies, and after a moment he helps me sit down on a cushion he set on the blanket. He then sits beside me and fills up my plate with everything I want, and we begin talking and eating the delicious food...enjoying the view and each other's company.

~~~~

"So, has Tony said anything about his relationship with Frankie?" I ask as I sip on my piña colada, the sweet drink is all that remains of our demolished late lunch. I lean back in Kane's arms comfortably, his arm curled over my stomach as he sips his drink too.

"He feels he's getting closer to her, but he can tell that something's holding her back...he's being patient, but he knows that the longer she keeps her fears from him the longer it'll be before they get together." He answers, and I sigh.