5- New Home

The sound of soft snoring is the first thing I'm greeted by when I wake up, and even with my eyes closed I know it's Sapphira. Cracking them open, I look down to see her sleeping face resting against my chest, laying right over my heart. Her arms lay limp over my shoulders, and her legs are tangled with mine.

Her soft snoring is the only sound I can hear. No passing cars, no muted voices, not even chirping birds. Carefully checking the watch on my wrist, I see that it's 7:39...we still got time before we start driving again. So with that in mind, I curl my arm over my sleeping mates back, and rest the other under my head as I close my eyes and drift back to sleep.

........

A loud noise blares deafeningly into the truck, the trumpet like noises scaring me and Saph awake, her shriek of terror automatically sending me upright and growling.

"Good morning lovebirds!!! This is Rebel one speaking!! It's time to rise and shine!!!"

I glare at the dreadful device that just gave me and Saph heart attacks, courtesy of Tony. Picking it up, I growl into the speaker after pressing the button on the side.

"Tony, I swear to Goddess herself that if you don't start running and stay out of my sight for at least ten minutes, I'm going to find you and toss you into the nearest body of water."

"Someone's cranky, maybe your mate can fix that."

Saph pulls the walkie talkie to her, and from the look on her face, I can already guess what's about to come out of her mouth.

"Don't count on a wolf boy, I'm going to be helping him."

The device goes silent, and I can hear the sound of feet running away from the truck. To be truthful, even though I plan on getting even, I'm not in the mood to actually attack him now. Let him dread the payback, make him a little paranoid for when it actually happens.

"Ignoring that...good morning Button."

Her murderous scowl turns into small smile, and she responds by kissing me on the cheek.

"Morning Kane...sleep well?"

I think for a moment.

"Despite the slight stiffness, I slept really well."

She stretches her back slowly, no doubt just as stiff as I am.

"Me too...I need to get out for a minute."

"We both do. I think a change of clothes and a bathroom run could do us both some good."

She nods and we both exit the truck, both of us taking our change of clothes and necessary toiletries to the bathroom. I may not be able to shower right now, but washing my face and freshening up would definitely benefit me.

I slip into the largest stall and relieve myself, then change out of my dirty clothes of yesterday and pull some clean ones. Trading out my t-shirt and hoodie for a long sleeve black shirt and a gray, sleeveless zip up jacket...after spraying on deodorant of course, and change boxers as well before exchanging my blue jeans for black ones. I put on different socks as well, I can't stand wearing dirty socks more than once, and slide my hiking boots back on.

Stuffing my Dirty clothes into a grocery bag I brought with me, I exit the stall and wash my hands, then brush my teeth at the sink quickly, splashing some water on my face after I finish and dry it off with some paper towels. Looking over my face, I note that I could use a shave, but that can wait for later.