13- Face To Face

The moment you've all been waiting for! Sorry for the delay, but I just started my new job...so I'm going to need to adjust my schedule, anyway...enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kane

"They're almost here Kane, you ready?" Tony asks in a whisper, leaning against the tree next to me. I listen closely to the sounds of the forest and hear the sounds of fast moving feet....more specifically, paws hitting the dirt while they chase the normal footfalls of human feet.

Here we go.

"Definitely, is everyone else in place?" I ask, and he nods, signaling the warriors disguised by the magic cast by the witches and witch hybrids here with to stand ready for when we make our exit.

"Then let's do it, I've been looking forward to this since I found out the truth about my parents." From the corner of my eye I see Maka  drop down from the trees, her expression best described as a war face.

"You and me both Kane." She mutters, glaring into the shadows of the trees.

Before I can even think of a response, the omegas that have already chosen to follow us break through the dense vegetation, looking a bit terrified as they sprint full speed towards us. I wave them forward, and as they pass me, they pass through the magic barrier set up to both hide their scents and render them invisible to their pursuers...the spell working flawlessly.

"Are all of you alright?" I ask them quietly, looking over their faces as they stare up at me in surprise. All twelve of them are a bit out of breath, toting bags with their belongings stuffed inside haphazardly. They all nod, a slight dazed look in their eyes along with disbelief...but I'll have to answer their many questions later...we have company.

The group of wolves that had chased them down here to the edge of the territory burst through only moments after, all of them looking confused and a bit angry...and one of them being Beta Thomas himself.

~Wes, Jay, escort these guys to the van and go ahead and get them out of here, I have a feeling this is going to be messy.~ I call through the link, and both of the warriors nod as they gesture to the omegas to silently follow them off the territory. I can see Maka and Tony fighting the urge to shift as they glare at Beta Thomas, the sight of him restirring the old resentment and anger without question. I remind them to stay calm, freeing the other oppressed members of this pack comes before getting even.

"What kind of idiots are you mutts?! You had one job of keeping those weaklings in line and you can't even do that right!" The surly Beta yells at the seven warriors in his presence, all of them looking fearful as they lower their heads in submission and drop their bellies closer to the ground. This is the first time I've ever seen him berate the warriors...but it only makes me angry.

"If I don't kill you, Alpha Samson will. This kind of failure isn't accepted, you've lost every wolf responsible for doing the cooking and cleaning for him...who do you think is going to do it now that they're gone?" He threatens, implying that with the omegas gone, it will be the warriors who failed to capture them that will be stripped of their status to fill that space.

I've heard enough from this pompous asshole.

"Maybe for once he could do it himself?" I retort irritably as I make my presence known, the warriors turning to stare at me in shock as they recognize me. Thomas turns around slowly to face me, his appalled face would have made me laugh if I wasn't so angry right now.

"Well if it isn't Kane Simmons...has the flea bitten mongrel finally decided to come crawling back to where he belongs?" He taunts, and my wolf bristles with anger at the obvious and blatant disrespect from the disgraceful Beta.