12- Surprise!

Tony

This city brings back a lot of old memories for me...ones that I rather forget. The years I spent as an omega in Black Sun were the worst years of my life...but I know it could have been worse...

Unlike Kane and Maka, I wasn't born in Black Sun, I didn't spend my entire life under the rule of a tyrant Alpha. Instead, I was a gypsy wolf...a rouge that was never part of a pack. I spent my childhood being tossed back and forth from foster home to foster home...to group homes...until I ran away when I turned 14.

I was so tired of being tossed around like a toy no one wanted to play with...tired of going to families who promised I would stay with them forever only to be sent away once my 'New and exciting glow' wore off. I spent a lot of nights sleeping in the forest or in bus stations, working at any place that would hire me so I could at least eat...Hell, I even spent a few months in Juvey for doing something stupid....

But one day I made the mistake of wandering into Black Sun territory...and when the warriors finally managed to get a hold of me and bring me to Alpha Samson, all of us a bit beat up and bruised from the fight I put up...he gave me a choice. Either be imprisoned and possibly killed in the cells for trespassing...or stay in the pack as an omega...

Being that I didn't want to die, and I just got out of juvey...I chose the life of an omega, little did I know that there wasn't that much of a  difference between those two options...both would have me spending my life void of freedom or choice...or any privileges whatsoever...so it didn't come as a surprise that I quickly grew frustrated with constantly having to keep my mouth shut and do as I was told no matter what...

Especially when it came to that bastard of a Beta...he seemed to personally enjoy making my life a living hell, probably due to the fact I broke his nose when he and the warriors tried to take me in...and with having my forced status I didn't have many friends...only Kane and Maka really had my back then, but after I finally snapped at that asshole Beta after 2 1/2 years of taking his shit...there wasn't anything they could do to protect me from what happened to me after that...

But a lot has changed since then...I'm coming back this time as a Gamma, and even if I'm still outranked by those bastards...I'll never have to take another order from them again...

Still, this city doesn't change much...even if the people do, the city doesn't. It's still got that same sunny exterior that brings in the tourists, while still having the same dark underbelly if you go looking for it...and usually, only a few of the ones that go looking for the darkness come back out after they find it.

Like me for instance...along with Kane and Maka...

But yet here we are again, back at the belly of the beast that nearly digested us the first time we were here...although technically it's my third time coming back here...and everyone knows what they say about the third time...

I sigh as I park in front of the nearest gas station, planning to fill up all the gas cans we brought so we wouldn't have to stop so much on the road when we blow out of this town like bats outta hell.

I step into the cool air conditioning of the building, deciding to stock up on snacks and sodas as well as gas while I'm here. Goddess knows werewolves get cranky when they're hungry, and a vehicle packed with hungry, temperamental wolves is the furthest thing from a good idea if there ever was one.

After picking up enough sweets, chips, and sodas to fill my own private road stash, I head to the counter to pay for my haul and the gas I'm going to buy as well...picking up a giant orange flavored slushy on the way there for me to enjoy now.