8- Guardiani Lunari

Sapphira

I trail my fingers over the smooth marble top of the desk, gazing around the large ornate room with slight awe. This place is huge...from me and Kane's bedroom, to the master bathroom, and to the expansive office I'm in right now...

Kane's office...it gives me chills.

It's still a bit hard to believe, even after two weeks here, that this is our home, and our pack. I was happy with just being with Kane, Omega or not, because I cared more about him than his position in the pack. So when it came out that he was the true Alpha of this pack, we were both quite a bit stunned. I went from just being Kane's mate...to a Luna in the span of five minutes.

We've both been working at our new roles for the last two weeks as well, his grandparents helping teach us the roles and duties of both Alpha and Luna before the official ceremony that announces our roles, and Maka is learning her role as Beta as well.

Kane's already been given his first responsibilities as Alpha, which I will be in charge of as well. First is officially naming the pack, second is designing the official crest, and third is choosing the packs Gamma.

Along with that, he's also been training with the warriors, learning how to fight in real hand to hand combat instead of just solo sparring and weight training. It's kept him busy, so he hasn't been able to spend as much time with me as he would like...but considering I'm learning my Luna duties, and doing some fight training of my own, it's not really easy to visit each other. However...since we have only a couple of days till the ceremony, we both really need to figure this stuff out...

The sudden feeling of arms wrapping around my waist makes me jump, and the rumbling purr that vibrates from my huggers chest makes me sigh in content.

"Hello Button...you enjoying yourself?" Kane's mouth lingers against my neck, his warm breath against my skin making me shiver.

"You're done early. I thought you didn't get done until 7?"

He chuckles. "An advantage of being Alpha, is that I can occasionally slip out of my training sessions to see my beautiful Luna..."

I turn around in his arms, tracing over his smooth jaw as his mesmerizing, silver eyes watch me in fascination. His muscle tone has only gotten more pronounced since he started training, with the addition of a higher fat and protein diet.

"You like the view?" He teases, that sexy smirk on his face. That's another thing I've noticed about him, he's grown a lot more open and confident...being away from Black Sun and being in his real  home has made him much more comfortable with expressing himself...and I love it.

"Very much...your training sessions have been paying off."

The black fabric of his tank top fits a bit smugly, and it exposes his bare arms. I run a hand up and down them, and his low growl of satisfaction makes me grin.

"I'm glad you approve...but today, I'd rather train with you..."

A deeper voice slips from his mouth than what I'm used to...and his eyes glow even brighter. Not even a deaf and blind person would be able to miss what he just implied, and the less than innocent thoughts that cross my mind leave a red color on my cheeks that Kane obviously notices. He smirks and I squeak when he swiftly lifts me by grabbing the back of my thighs, which in turn leads me to wrapping my legs around his hips and my arms around his neck so I don't fall.

"You want train with me, mate?" He whispers lowly in my ear and nips at it teasingly, making me shiver. And as he sits me on the empty desk, I remember he usually calls me Button, or baby, and sometimes Saph...but he's never called me mate as a nickname....