10- Heat

I'm back my lovelies!! Sorry I've been so neglectful, I fell into a bit of a slump. But I'm back with a new chapter, be warned, it has mature content 😳
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sapphira

It's been a month since the ceremony, and I've been noticing the changes around here...both with me and the pack.

The pack has really embraced the new name and crest, even more so than me and Kane expected. Along with Maka and Tony, I've seen numerous wolves with the crest I designed tattooed on their arms, which has only made me even happier.

Kane and I's duties as Alpha and Luna picked up immediately the next day, and to say we've been busy would be underselling it. But, with teamwork and persistence, we've already cut the amount of work to less than half, and we already have a pack in Montana and Wyoming offering an alliance. The Northern Crescent is a fairly large pack, and with their size and the fact that both the Alpha and Beta have human mates, it helps boost moral for promoting the downfall of the Purist packs that Kane wants to overthrow and rebuild.

That's another thing.

Kane, Maka, Tony and me are almost done with the plan to free the first set of omegas...from Black Sun. It's going to go into motion in the next five days, which means that Kane will be leaving soon to confront Alpha Samson...which has me a bit worried, and not just because he'll be all the way in Phoenix while I have to stay here...

He's been on edge lately, training harder, working later...no doubt wanting to be in his best form when he stands up to his former oppressor...which I've told him profusely that he has nothing to worry about, that he's more than strong enough to take him on.

But...when that didn't work, I decided to just join him in his routine as much as possible. Whether it's helping him with plans and paperwork, or joining him for a workout which is usually playful sparring, Goddess knows he's not fond of me fighting with the other wolves, especially the unmated males...even though I am kicking butt if I do say so myself. Other times it's jogging or weight training, or me sitting on his back while he does push ups...which is pretty impressive if I must say. I also have to admit that watching him work out shirtless and sweaty is a bit of a distracting bonus...

In speaking of training, I've been doing more of that myself lately. With Kane's mark enhancing my strength and senses, I've had a much easier time keeping up with the she wolves I've been training with the past month. I can feel how much stronger I've become in comparison, and my sense of hearing, smell, and sight have all increased quite noticeably as well...and I've also come to appreciate being able to see clearly in the dark, and catch my mates scent in even more detail than before...which smells just like falling rain and freshly turned earth...clean, and refreshing...

Which in turn has been driving me crazy.

The past couple of days have lead me to discover even more changes about myself...like my restlessness and discomfort whenever I can't be with Kane, catching myself fantasizing more than usual, the slight fever that comes and goes...the intensity of the sparks I feel whenever he touches me even briefly...it's been making me a bit flustered without understanding why...and considering how often I've fallen asleep and woken up in an empty bed...only to find him fast asleep at his desk in the morning, it's only been getting worse...

Like tonight as I toss and turn in the large bed, nothing I do making me the least bit comfortable. Groaning, I kick off the covers and bury my face into Kane's pillow, inhaling his scent as I try to fall asleep for what feels like the hundredth time...it being well past 2 in the morning...