18- Mate

Maka

He's perfect...

I had just come in from my daily run, still in my blue tank top and gray leggings that are damp from both my sweat and the light drizzle that's happening outside, when I caught the mouthwatering scent...and found him not long after.

I let my eyes trail over his form greedily, taking in every inch of him from head to toe...lingering on how his shirt shows off his muscular chest, the perfect balance between beefy and lean, and how his hazel eyes glimmer with excitement as he looks at Luna Sapphira with a radiant smile before pulling her in for a hug. As much as the action would have made me jealous, he had called her little sister, so it doesn't bother me at all...family is different.

His scent of gingerbread mixed with coffee is positively drool worthy, and I can't help but purr at it's aroma.

~Let's show ourselves girl, and see what our mate thinks about us...~ My wolf purrs, and I happily comply as I enter the room and let out another purr that's much more audible.

"Mate..." I call out, and he perks up at the sound of my voice, he and the rest of his family turning to face me in surprise. He lets out a rumbling purr himself as his hazel eyes lock with mine, their depths glimmering with amazement as his mouth curves upwards into a smile.

"Mate..." He rumbles, his deep voice making me shiver.

"Brendan? You mean...omg!" Sapphira exclaims, but I'm too distracted by his name to pay attention to anything else that's said.

Brendan...

He immediately begins walking towards me, only stopping once we're directly in front of each other. He raises a hand to cup my cheek, and I revel in the sparks as I reach up to brush my thumb over his lips and the dimple on his chin.

"What is your name beautiful?" He murmurs, and I smile.

"Maka Graywater, Beta of Gaurdiani Lunari." I answer, and his eyes widen a little.

"Well Maka, my name is Brendan Malloy, and I'm so happy to finally meet you." He purrs, his deep voice smooth like velvet, and my cheeks flush pink as a shiver shoots down my spine.

"Likewise handsome..." I grin back, only to hear the sound of people chuckling and clearing their throats. We both turn to everyone staring at us, all with amused expressions.

"Why don't you two get a room little brother?" The younger blonde chuckles with a grin on her face, and I can see Brendan's cheeks heat up from the corner of my eye...how cute, he's a little bashful.

"Actually, I think that's an excellent idea!" I answer, and I immediately take my mate by the hand and quickly head to the closest empty room downstairs...the game room. Once we're both in I shut the door behind me, and turn around to face my gorgeous mate.

"Now that we're alone, how about we get to know each other a little more?" I ask, and his confused look turns into an excited grin.

"I would love too."

Brendan

My beautiful mate is a firecracker...and I love it...beauty, brains, and brawn...she's the whole package.