17- Family

Kane

"Stop! That tickles!" Sapphira giggles as she squirms in my lap, my arms curled around her as I press faint kisses to the back of her neck.

"Now, why would I do that? You seem to like it when I kiss you here." I tease, the desk chair we're sitting in swiveling as we move.

"Kane!" She gasps as I run over her mark, her face flushing red as she shivers. The soft growl that escapes my throat turns her even redder, and I grin.

"Just tell me what you're keeping from me...I know you got a surprise of some sort." I murmur against her skin, pushing aside the collar of her gray cowl neck sweater to tease the rest of her mark. She let something slip through the link about a surprise for me, and I fully intend to figure out what it is...even if it means teasing it out of my mate.

"I can't...I can't tell you..." She argues while giggling.

"And why not?"

"Because...I don't want to ruin the surprise..."

After a moment of hesitation, I sigh...and immediately return to teasing her, which catches her off guard.

"Kane!"

"I'm sorry Button, you're too cute to resist." I chuckle as I press a kiss under her jaw, me and Ares rumbling lowly at the feeling of her flush against my chest and shifting in my lap. I know she isn't doing it on purpose...but it's very effective.

"Darling...you do remember that I'm pregnant...right?" She murmurs, and it's that underlying thought that follows that has me a bit concerned.

"I do...but that doesn't change the fact that you're still the most gorgeous creature I've ever laid eyes on."

Her cheeks flush with embarrassment.

"Pregnant or not, you will always be the only woman I want to love on...So, unless you don't want to...that's exactly what I want to do right now." I whisper in her ear as my hand curls inside her thigh...and her back arches against me as she gasps, her body has gotten much more sensitive in the time she's been pregnant, and I have to say that I enjoy it very much.

"Since I'm not hearing any complaints...I think I'll continue."

Just as I start getting her panting, there's a knock on the office door, and grumble a bit irritably, and then I silently thank the goddess I locked the door.

"Yes?" I call out as I work on leaving a hickey on Sapphira's neck, and she bites her lip in an attempt to mute herself.

"Pardon the interruption Alpha, but there is a group of people here saying they're here to see Luna Sapphira." Brad says through the door, and we both stiffen in surprise...more so Sapphira than me.

"Umm...I'll be right down!" She calls, darting out of my arms as she begins to head to the door.

"Sapphira? What's going on?" I ask as I follow her, managing to catch her before she unlocks the door. She turns around to face me, a smile on her face.

"This is part of the surprise...you'll find out shortly."

I raise an eyebrow.

"You do realize that we were in the middle of something...right?" I remind her, and she grins deviously as she runs her hands up my chest.

"I know...but don't you want to know what the surprise is?"

"I do...but you see the dilemma is that I can't go out like this." I imply heavily, and she giggles in response.