23. Small Bump

April 2nd 2017

Taylor's POV

"Karlie." I whine helplessly as I struggle to button my jeans. She pops her head around the door and and I let out a defeated sigh. "What's wrong?" She asks and I cross my arms. "My jeans don't fit." I sigh, totally frustrated and she exhales, "I thought something was wrong."

"Something is wrong, none of my jeans fit anymore." I sigh as I pull them back off and sit on the edge of the bed. "We can get you new jeans, don't get too worked up about it." She sits beside me and wraps her arms around my shoulders. "But I am worked up about it because now I have nothing to wear." I feel tears forming in my eyes, I'm being irrational I know, but my hormones are all over the place right now and I can't help it. "Hey, it's okay. You can wear these, it's all okay." Karlie tries her best to calm me down as she hands me a pair of leggings and I sigh, looks like I don't have much choice.

I'm 14 weeks pregnant now, officially out of the first trimester and showing a lot more than I was before, although I've become accustomed to wearing baggy shirts and layers to try and hide it.

I pull the leggings on and sigh as Karlie pulls me closer to her and rests both hands on my bump. She's obsessed with touching it, I swear if it was anyone else they would've had their head bitten off already but the way she dotes on our unborn baby is so endearing. "Things were meant to get easier for you after the first trimester. That ended two weeks ago." She smiles sympathetically as she brushes my hair out of my face, tucking it behind my ear. She hates seeing me so sick all the time, my sickness has been a lot worse that it was with Maisie and I'm a lot more tired and constantly drained as well as in pain and dealing with insane mood swings.

"And as for this situation, we'll get you new jeans. But, don't you have maternity jeans in storage in the attic at home?" She asks and I sigh as I roll my eyes, "I was hoping to avoid those for as long as possible," she smiles as she snakes her arms around my body and pulls me in closer to her as my arms hang over her shoulders. "I think it's come to the point where you don't have a choice." She laughs and I make a displeased expression.

"Where's Maisie?" I ask and she looks back towards the door, "she's lying on a blanket next door, I was going to dress her." She tells me as she pulls away and we walk into the room together. The cats are lying on either side on the baby like guards as she lies on her stomach and stares at the toys in front of her. "What're you two doing, huh?" I ask the cats as I sit on the floor in front of Maisie and Karlie lies on the ground behind her. She props herself up on her elbows as her face hovers above Maisie's and the baby's eyes dart to Karlie's face as she makes faces above her. "You're going to drive her insane." I laugh and she sticks her tongue out, how glad I am that I'm in love with a child.

I pick up Meredith who's lying closest to me and it's a surprise when she doesn't try and fight me off. She curls into a ball on my lap and I stroke her fur, we've travelled a lot the past couple of months which means the cats have been spending more time with Cara than us and I think this means she missed me.

"We need to figure out how we're going to tell people about the baby." Karlie looks up at me as she dangles a toy for Maisie. We agreed we'd keep it a secret until 12 weeks because then we would  finally be out of the woods, but I'm currently 14 weeks and it's getting blatantly obvious I'm pregnant but we still haven't told anyone. We just have to figure out how to tell our friends and fans we're having another baby.

Our families both already know and all of our friends will find out in the next couple of hours since that's the sole reason we're in Rhode Island before spending Easter with our families in Nashville. "Well I think we should just come straight out with it. They're probably going to guess by the size of me anyway." I chuckle softly as I look down at my baby bump and Karlie watches me as I trace gentle circles over it. "I think that's the best option, although I think we should wait until everyone has a couple of drinks in them first." She compromises with a laugh and I agree.