55. One Year

December 3rd 2017

Taylor's POV

It's been more than a month since we left Nashville and nearly six weeks since we lost Theo. We still miss him more than anything and if I could do anything to have him here I would do it in a second, but we're moving on; remembering and celebrating instead of mourning and hurting. Karlie and I are working through things the best we can and luckily there haven't been any more arguments since New York, but we're slowly getting better.

I roll over in bed after putting on my glasses and I support myself on my elbows as I leave a trail of kisses along Karlie's shoulder, moving up her neck and onto her face before kissing her on the lips. She's grinning beside me as her emerald eyes stare back at me and she pulls me in for a real kiss. "Morning, my love." She smiles and I laugh, "good morning."

She sits up and I push myself up beside her, neither of us really able to contain how happy we are. She pulls me onto her lap and I straddle her hips as I stare into her eyes, leaning my forehead against hers as I grin. "Our baby is a whole year old." She whispers and I bite my lip, "I can't believe she's one already!" We spent last night flipping through photo albums with our moms and I spent a while crying over the fact that my tiny little baby is really growing up.

"Do we wake her up?" I ask, desperate to see my baby on her big day. "We should wake everyone else first, they'll want to be a part of this." I playfully roll my eyes as I move off of her. We came to Rhode Island to celebrate Maisie's birthday- mainly because we still don't feel comfortable going back to Nashville but we didn't want to force our families to leave the country to celebrate.

I lie beside Karlie as I check my phone for the first time this morning. "It's going to be a busy day, are you sure you're prepared?" She looks at me, still worried about how I'll react if Theo comes up. "I'm not going to let anything take away from our baby's first birthday." I smile and I put my phone down and throw the covers off as I get out of bed. "Hey there, sleepy baby." I coo as I walk over to the pack 'n play to find Tilly awake and staring at the mobile hanging above her. "Why don't you go and wake everyone whilst I feed this munchkin. That way when Maisie's awake we can just go in and get her." I sit back down beside Karlie and she laughs as she leans over to kiss me, "you just don't wanna get out of bed yet." I shrug, "maybe, maybe not; either way Tilly needs to be fed." I smirk and I watch her climb out of bed and throw on a pair of pyjama pants and my shirt.

"I'll be back in a minute." She laughs as she leaves a quick peck on my lips and I grin as I watch her go. "Are you hungry, baby?" I coo at Tilly as she stares up at me with her big green eyes. I pull my shirt down and help her latch on and she starts to suckle as I cradle my baby in my arms. I occupy myself with my phone as Tilly eats and roll my eyes immediately as I come across an article that says 'lawyer makes public plea on behalf of Calvin Harris about the daughter he shares with singer ex-girlfriend Taylor Swift. The DJ claims that he has changed and would like to know his children after his sentencing almost three months ago. He was sentenced to three life sentences after kidnapping and neglecting their then month old daughter, and the numerous brutal assaults on Swift after almost a year of domestic violence. The pair share three children together, the oldest of whom turns one in the coming days, the rumoured reason behind Calvin's sudden interest.'

I roll my eyes as I click off of the article that then goes on to discuss Karlie and I, but frankly I have no interest in him or what he wants. Nothing is going to ruin my baby's big day.

I reply to a few texts from friends wishing Maisie a happy birthday and it makes my heart so full to know how loved she is. Tilly finishes feeding and Karlie's taking a lot longer than I was expecting. I change the baby's diaper after she's done and then I carry her with me as I look for my girlfriend.