37. There's Glitter On The Floor After the Party

August 31st 2017

Karlie's POV

"She's here!" Taylor shouts through the house as I make my way downstairs with Maisie on my hip. I meet my girlfriend at the bottom of the stairs and we make our way out of the house and down the driveway. "Oh my god, hi!" The younger woman is so excited as she jumps out of her car. She hugs Taylor and then hugs me, "was your drive okay?" Taylor asks, as motherly as ever. "It wasn't too bad." Kimby smiles and then reaches out for Maisie. "There's my little munchkin." She coos and Taylor and I both share a look. "Well now that you're here, you're being thrown straight into babysitting duties. We have to go to a meeting at 12 and and I'm sure Maisie would rather spend time with her Auntie Kimby." I laugh as we walk up the driveway.

"Oh, oh okay, sure. I have to go over to Vanderbilt for 11.30 so I'll just take her with me." She seems to be acting a little suspicious but we just ignore it as we walk into the house. "Your room is upstairs next to Maisie's, I'll get security to bring your bags and stuff upstairs because well, I'm not much help." Taylor laughs as she takes a seat on a bar stool and Kimby nods.

"I really just wanna thank you guys for letting me stay here. I think it helped mom and dad trust me enough to let me move out here." She laughs and I shake my head, I know exactly what that's like. "Well as long as you keep up with school and help out around the house then you're more than welcome, but you don't get nothing for nothing." I remind her and she nods in agreement. That's how we were raised and I know she's not going to walk in here and expect everything to be handed to her. "I'm happy to do anything to help you guys out." She smiles and Taylor and I both smile.

"I need to go and start getting ready since it takes a lot longer than I'd like to admit." Taylor laughs as she pushes herself up from her seat. It's around 10 now so we have plenty of time but she likes to be early for things.

•••
Taylor's POV

"Taylor, we need to go babe." I hear Karlie's voice somewhere in the house and sigh as I push myself back up from the bed. "I'm coming." I call back as I grab my purse. Tree told us to dress nice which really confused me because it's only a meeting, but I went for a casual dressy look anyway. I'm wearing a simple grey midi dress and white converse because at this point in my pregnancy being able to wear heels would be a miracle but also a death sentence.

"You look amazing." I smile as I meet her at the bottom of the stairs. She's wearing a black leather skirt with a white shirt tucked into it and her typical pair of white Stan smiths. "Me? Look at you." She smirks as she presses a kiss to my lips. "I still wanna know why we couldn't dress normally, she knows I'm constantly uncomfortable these days." I shake my head and Karlie laughs gently, she knows fine well what I'm talking about. "Come on, we should get going." She takes my hand as we leave the house, setting the alarm and locking the door behind us.

Security are waiting in the driveway to take us to Big Machine, I did try and insist on driving ourselves but apparently that's not allowed today. Karlie opens the door for me to climb up and into the back of the car and then she gets in the opposite side. "Did Kimby get Maisie's seat from my car?" I ask Karlie and she looks up from her phone as she shakes her head. "No, she just took the cloud q instead." I nod, I never even considered that. It's not that she can't use it anymore, we just decided that it's just easier for us to have her in a convertible seat since the twins are going to be in infant seats.

"Did Tree give you any hint about what this is about?" Karlie asks as I run my hand over my stomach. "No, she just told me to be here at twelve and to dress nice." I'm just as confused as she is, she usually warns me days in advance about meetings and not the day before, but I guess she might have just forgotten.