56. I'd like to hang out with you for my whole life

December 5th 2017

Taylor's POV

"Are you sure you're ready for this, baby?" Karlie breaks the silence and looks over to me as we sit in the driveway. "We have to come home at some point." I sigh, looking back to check on the girls sleeping in the back seat. "They need familiarity and we're not going to get back to normal until we can give them that." She gives me a soft smile as she nods, squeezing my hand. "Come on then." She lets go of my hand and opens her car door and I take a deep breath as I follow her.

I open Tilly's door and lift the sleeping baby's car seat out of the car. Karlie picks up Maisie, the baby squirming a little before lying her head in the crook of Karlie's neck and going back to sleep. We walk up the driveway, deciding to leave the bags until later. I unlock the door and push it open. The house is exactly the same as the day we left, except the cats come running towards us as I put Tilly down and bend down to take her out.

"Hey dibbles." I scratch her ear as she nuzzles her face into my ankle. Kimby drove back up here with them when she left Rhode Island yesterday, we didn't know what we were going to do and we didn't wanna put them through anymore flying. I lift Tilly out of her car seat and settle her in my arms as we walk around the house, it feels strange being back here. All of his stuff is gone, well not gone; it's been moved to his nursery. Neither of us are ready to get rid of any of it yet.

"What do you say to putting up the Christmas decorations today? By the time we get home it'll be the eighteenth." Karlie walks back out into the hallway after lying Maisie down to let her sleep a little more. She wraps her arms around my waist as she presses a delicate kiss to my forehead. "I like that idea, but we don't have a tree." I frown and she smirks, "I think you'll find it's already in the living room." I raise my eyebrows and move out of her embrace, walking towards the living room. "How? When?" I mumble, a little confused as I spot the eight foot tree standing in front of the window in the corner of the room.

"Your dad and brother brought it over yesterday, we thought it would make you feel better about being back." She wraps her arms around me from behind and talks gently as she lies her head in the crook of my neck. "You, Karlie Kloss, are something magical." I let out a content sigh as she presses a soft kiss to my neck.

"I'll go up to the attic and get the decorations once we've had lunch." She kisses me again before letting go and I turn to face her. "I'm going to go and start making lunch before she needs her next feed." I smile down at Tilly and Karlie nods, "I'll give you a hand." She follows me to the kitchen and I lie Tilly down in her rocker, strapping her in and turning it on so that the gentle motion keeps her asleep. I tuck a blanket around her and a soft smile makes it's way onto my face as I join Karlie.

"I was thinking of making spinach nuggets for Maisie." She looks over to me and I screw up my face, "hey! We agreed that she'd eat a mix of vegan friendly meals and meat until she's old enough to decide, and anyway she likes them." I roll my eyes at her, "she's one; she'll eat whatever you put in front of her." Karlie laughs as she starts gathering the ingredients that she needs, "well even so, I don't know any other kid who willingly eats spinach so I'm counting it as a win, and it's good for her so if she's going to eat them then I'm going to make them."

I smile as I open a cupboard, "well I'm making us a garlicky mushroom penne pasta, how does that sound?" I look over to her and she's smirking, "you said I'd never get you to eat a vegan meal and now look at you, willingly making one." I roll my eyes before laughing, "shut up, I just like pasta." She's smirking and I shake my head as I smile, I love her so much.

•••
Karlie's POV

"Okay, so where do you wanna start?" I laugh as we kneel by an open box of Christmas decorations, staring up at the massive tree in front of us. "Lights, always with lights." Taylor rolls her eyes at me as she grabs some lights and starts to untangle them. "Of course." I laugh as I do the same, looking down at Maisie who's sitting contently in the middle of her play mat surrounded by toys to keep her occupied as Tilly lies in her bouncer beside her sister.