54. Better Than Revenge

(⚠️NSFW- mature content!⚠️)

November 13th 2017

Karlie's POV

It's after four in the morning and I got home just after midnight. I haven't been able to sleep; I just keep thinking about what happened. How could I betray Taylor like that? Drunk or not, there's no excuse for that. I was angry and somewhere deep inside I wanted to hurt Taylor as badly as she hurt me.

I'm sat in the armchair by the doors that open onto the balcony, just watching as the rain pelts against every surface. The sky is dark and cloudy which mirrors exactly how I feel inside, and it's just a miserable sight.

The doorbell rings through the house and I sigh, it's probably Gigi. I decide to ignore it, knowing whoever it is will go away if they don't get a response, but they don't. The doorbell sounds again and I sigh as I push myself up from my chair. My whole body feels weak and it's almost as if the sadness and regret are pulling me down and making it harder to lift my feet.

"I'm not interested, Gigi. Just go home, I told you tonight was a mistake-" I mumble as I unlock the door and pull it open, but the second my eyes rest on the figure in the hallway I stop. "Are you insane? It's freezing and you're soaked. Get inside." I frown as Taylor shuffles inside. I don't really know what to say, I'm angry but so full of regret and love for the crazy woman in front of me.

She sits the baby down on the ground and I stand in front of her with crossed arms. "Its four in the morning, Taylor. What are you even doing in New York?" My voice is harsher than it should be and my features soften as she starts to tear up. "Okay, come on. Lets get you out of these wet clothes and then we can talk." I speak softly as I pick up the car seat and lead Taylor to my bedroom. "Here." She strips out of her wet clothes and I hand her a pile of clean ones to change into. "Thank you." She mumbles as she pulls a pair of sweats up her long legs and I bend down in front of the car seat, lifting the blanket that's covering it and smiling as I find Tilly sleeping inside. God, how I've missed her little face.

"What're you doing here, Tay." I sigh as I cross my legs and sit in front of her on the bed and she quickly follows my actions. "Karlie, I'm so sorry for what I said. You didn't deserve a single word that left my mouth, and I regret every single one. None of us have been happy since you've been gone. The girls are miserable and so am I. I haven't slept properly without you beside me and I want you to come home. I want to work through all of this and I know it's going to be hard and we're going to argue, but I love you and I need to do this with you by my side." She's crying and holding tight to my hand and I sigh and look away from her piercing blue eyes. "Taylor, I need to tell you something." I can't meet her eyes, if she didn't hate me before then she's definitely going to hate me now. "It's okay, you can tell me anything." Her words are soft and comforting which just makes this even harder.

"I went out with Gigi and some of the girls tonight, and my ex was there." I look up and Taylor's lips are pursed, her eyes watching me intently. "I was drunk, I know that's not an excuse, but she pulled me into a bathroom, pinned me against the door and and kissed me and I kissed her back and then-" I can't keep going, I get off the bed, pacing the room to try and calm myself. "Then what, Karlie?" She's so calm it scares me. "She started kissing my neck and slid her hand under my dress and into my underwear. When I realised what was happening, I stopped her, I pushed her away and left. I'm so sorry, Tay." I'm crying now too, but she's silent behind me.

"So, she pinned you- like this?" I'm surprised when Taylor pushes me back against the wall, her body pressed against mine as her lips stay centimetres from mine. "And then she kissed you." She presses her lips to mine, attacking my mouth with her cherry flavoured lips and I immediately kiss her back, having missed the warmth and familiarity of her soft lips and passionate kisses. I moan into the kiss as her hands rest on my thighs, her hands cold against my bare skin.