31. Moving On

May 23rd 2017

Taylor's POV

"Karlie, I'm fine! Can you please stop fussing? She told me to go about my normal life as much as possible, and spending all day in bed isn't my everyday life." I glare at my girlfriend who throws her hands up in defence, "I'm just being cautious!" I cross my arms and sigh, "I'm taking my medication, I'm doing everything she told me to do. Can we please just try and get back to normal, or at least semi-normal for a little while?" Karlie gets off of the bed and walks over to me, wrapping her arms around my waist as she kisses the tip of my nose. "Of course, babe. Now let's go before your parents realise they're babysitting the devil instead of their granddaughter this morning."

She laughs as we both look over to Maisie who's playing in her pack n play. She has been a nightmare all morning, waking us up at five and refusing to go back down, so none of us have had any sleep which means my mom and dad are going to have a very cranky baby to deal with whilst we're out.

"Are you coming, Mais?" I grin as I reach out for the baby who holds her arms out for me to pick her up. I hold her on my hip as we leave the bedroom and walk downstairs, finding my parents in the kitchen, both drinking coffee but my dad reads his morning paper at the same time. "Hello you three, did you sleep well?" My dad asks and I kiss his cheek as I walk past him. "Not particularly." I sigh and he smiles sympathetically. Maisie was a better sleeper when she was a newborn than she is now and it's driving me insane. Trying to deal with that and how uncomfortable it is to try and sleep anyway is becoming a nightmare in its own right.

"Do you want some breakfast?" My mom looks between us but I just look at Karlie who chuckles softly, "I kinda promised to get her favourite from Starbucks when we're out and I think she's planning on holding me to that." I nod, confirming her suspicions as we both laugh. "Okay, but we're all having dinner tonight, so don't go eating too much before then." She pre-warns us and we agree before handing Maisie over to my dad and saying our goodbyes before leaving.

The painters finished painting the twins nurseries two days ago which means our house is officially finished, so tomorrow is the day we move into our new home. I've loved spending the week with my parents but I can't wait to get settled into our first family home together and start making memories. "So where do you wanna start?" Karlie looks at me, waiting for directions on where to go. "I think we should start with the big things and then we can buy smaller things, like clothes and diapers." I look up from my phone and our list of things we need to get before these babies are born. "But first we're going to Starbucks." I smirk as I remind her and she laughs as she starts pulling out of the driveway, security already waiting on the street to follow us.

We decided the other day that since we had finally decided on everything, then we would just blitz the baby shopping and get everything in one go. That way we don't have to worry about it again and we'll definitely have everything before the twins decide to make an appearance.

A short ten minute drive and a phone call to Marcel and Ian in the car behind us to check if they want anything, and Karlie's getting back into the drivers seat with my iced tea and chocolate banana muffin. "Are you happy now?" She asks and I sigh contently as I bite into my muffin. She shakes her head as she sits her iced coffee in the cup holder and then we drive to the nearest baby store. We know exactly what we need, so it's just a case of finding it and ticking things off the list as we go.

When she pulls into the parking lot, I pick up my phone and iced tea and follow her as she gets out of the car. Security are well aware of the fact that they're basically here to lift heavy things, since in Nashville we don't need much protecting, but they follow us as we enter the store. I push the cart since I can't exactly lift the boxes down from the shelves, and Karlie scrolls through the list as we walk into the first aisle. There aren't many big things we need to get really, since the stroller, infant car seats, convertible car seats and cribs have already been delivered to the house. That leaves us to get bouncers, swings, rockers, their bassinets and highchairs today.