59. Holiday

December 11th 2017

Taylor's POV

We arrived in St. Barts yesterday afternoon. It's such a beautiful part of Jamaica and when Karlie suggested it, I couldn't say no. So, for the next week it's just me, Karlie, my mom and dad and the girls. We booked out a villa with a private beach and a pool that the girls can go in, and the place is just gorgeous, it's magical.

"Where's Maisie?" I frown as I look around the room and Karlie gives me a gentle smile as she walks to the side of the bed and kneels down. Reaching under and scooping up a giggling Maisie as I shake my head. "What're you doing under there, silly girl?" I laugh as I take her from my fiancé and instead of an answer she wraps her little arms around my neck. "You're too good at worming your way out of things, Missy." Karlie tickles her and she wiggles in my arms as I laugh.

"You wanna go see Grandma and Grandpa?" I coo at Maisie as we carry the girls down the stairs. "Pa!" Maisie babbles as she looks back at me and I laugh, "yes bub, we're going to see pa." Maisie loves my dad and she has him wrapped right around her little finger, and he takes pride in the fact that the first thing she figured out how to say, other than mama or cat, is Pa.

"Good morning, you four." My dad smiles as we walk into the open plan kitchen and immediately Maisie reaches out for him. "Hey, you little traitor." I fake hurt and Maisie clings to her Grandpa but pouts her lips to give me a kiss. I kiss her little lips as I laugh and I tickle her, "your momma's right, you're far too good at getting out of things." I plant another kiss on her cheek as I shake my head then make my way over to the breakfast bar where Karlie's sitting holding Tilly.

I rest my head on Karlie's shoulder and she smiles as she holds Tilly in her lap. "I was thinking that we could do some sight seeing today and maybe go down to the beach." She hums as she cuddles our daughter and I look up, "is that safe with the girls being so little? What if they burn or get lost." I furrow my eyebrows and Karlie nods as she smiles, "it's perfectly safe, I promise. We have suncream and strollers, they'll be fine." I nod, still a little apprehensive and knowing that I'm going to be keeping a close eye on them just in case.

"Morning, girls." My mom walks into the kitchen as I get up to make a pot of coffee and I kiss her cheek as she passes me. "How did you sleep?" I look up and she smiles as she takes Matilda from Karlie, "pretty good, the sound of the ocean is pretty soothing." She laughs as she sits down and I nod in agreement. "It's a beautiful day." I note as I stare out of the window, it's early and the sun is already beating down on the glimmering blue of the ocean. "We're going to go out sight seeing in a couple of hours." I inform my parents of the plans Karlie made, and my mom raises an eyebrow, "is that safe for the girls?" I laugh as Karlie shakes her head. "It's perfectly safe, Andrea, I promise. I wouldn't do something that would endanger them." Karlie reassures my mom and I just smirk as I sip my coffee.

"I'm going to make something for breakfast." My mom informs us as she swats me out of her way and I pretend to be offended as I go back to Karlie. "I'm going to give little Miss her breakfast," I smile as I take the baby from her momma and grab Karlie's hand, pulling her up and out the french doors with me to sit in the morning sun.

There's a hammock further down the property that's under some trees for shade, so Karlie lays down on that and takes the baby until I get on. We lay side by side in the sun as I start to give Matilda her breakfast and I lie with my head on Karlie's shoulder. "You should've known that you're marrying into a paranoid family." I laugh as I stroke the baby's back and Karlie sighs, "Your paranoia is just another thing to love about you, babe." I laugh and shake my head, "you're crazy." She just shrugs and presses a soft kiss to my hairline, "no, I'm just in love with you."