25. Surprise?

⚠️ WARNING:- description of assault ⚠️

April 13th 2017

Taylor's POV

"Taylor? Where are you?" I hear Karlie calling through the downstairs of the house as I sip at my mug of tea in the kitchen. "I'm in here." I call back over my shoulder and she walks into the kitchen a couple of seconds later. "She looks adorable," I smile as I look at my daughter who lies in her arms. She's wearing a little plaid dress with a red sweater, we thought we'd make it as easy for Abigail as possible since she doesn't have much experience with babies and as hard as she tries, the last time Maisie ended up with her pants on back to front.

"Are you almost ready to go?" She asks and I nod, we have our doctors appointment this morning and then we're meeting Adam's parents at Big Machine, so Abigail is coming over to watch Maisie for us. "Abi should be here any second." I glance down at my phone which is sitting on the counter, "actually she's outside." I laugh as I notice a text from my best friend. I get up and walk through the house to the front door, opening it as I spot her walking down the driveway.

"Hey, stranger." She smiles as we share an embrace. "Hey little stranger," she laughs as she places a hand on either side of my baby bump. "How are you?" She asks as we move further into the house and out of the doorway. "I'm good, finally feeling more like myself. Jellybean is finally giving me a break and Maisie is an angel, as always." I laugh as my girlfriend and baby come into sight as we enter the kitchen. "There's my favourite goddaughter." The redhead grins as Karlie hands Maisie over. "We really need to go or we're going to be late." I look at her after glancing at the time. "We'll see you when you get back," Abi smiles as she holds Maisie on her hip and we gather our stuff to leave. "Just call if you need anything." I hug her as we leave, kissing Maisie on the forehead at the same time.

Abigail waves goodbye to us as I pull out of the driveway and onto the street, and a quick glance back shows the door closing behind her as she goes inside. "How are you feeling?" Karlie asks as she looks over to me and I let out a shaky breath. "Every time we go in I feel like they're going to tell us they've found something new and our baby isn't healthy like we thought." She rests a hand on my thigh as I drive, there isn't really anything she can say to comfort me because she feels the same way, we're both so nervous about this baby.

I pull into the hospital parking lot about thirty minutes later. The hospital is closer to our new home so it's still pretty far from our current house, which means it took a little longer than normal. Karlie takes my hand as we walk inside and we go straight towards the front desk. "We have an appointment for Alison Finley?" I ask and the man behind the computer looks up, a look of surprise on his face as he realises there's a supermodel and a pop-star standing right in front of him. "Urm yeah." He gets over the initial shock and goes back to the computer to find out where we're meant to be. "You're on the third floor, room 13." He tells us and I look at Karlie as I raise an eyebrow but she just shakes her head at me with a small smirk on her face.

"Thank you." I smile kindly at him as we walk over to the elevator nearby. It takes a couple of minutes to find where we're meant to be, but as we walk along the corridor Karlie spots room 13 and we knock on the door. We wait a couple of minutes until we hear a voice telling us to come inside.

"Taylor and Karlie, I assume?" She smiles as she gets up from her chair to greet us, hugging us each individually. Doctor Addison Montgomery is meant to be the best at what she does, especially dealing with difficult cases, so if something does go wrong then we have the best medical professionals available. "It's so nice of you to see us on such short notice, Doctor Montgomery." I smile as I hug the woman, "Please, call me Addison," she notes, "how have you been?" She asks as I take my coat off and sit on the exam table. "I finally stopped throwing up and my mood swings have died down. I'm eating and sleeping regularly again, but I'm still exhausted all the time." I laugh as I exaggerate just how tired I am.