26. Baby, baby

April 16th 2017

Taylor's POV

"Good morning, baby." I hear Karlie's whispers in my ear as she runs her soft hands through my hair to coax me awake. "Good morning." I mumble as my eyes flutter open and I wince at the sunlight as I take a couple of seconds to adjust before reaching for my glasses. "It's still quiet," I observe as I cuddle up to Karlie again. There's no crying baby, no screaming child, no rowdy family members, just silence.

"I told them that if they woke you again this morning they'd have hell to pay." She chuckles softly and I punch her playfully, "I'm not that bad!" She raises an eyebrow and I scoff, how rude. "Everyone saw how grumpy you were after you were woken up yesterday morning, even though you tried to hide it." Karlie thinks she's funny but I just sit up in bed with my arms crossed, "Taylor, babe, we know it's not your fault, it's these little munchkins making you tired all the time." She rests a hand on my stomach and I sigh, I'm so over being pregnant.

We have Karlie's family staying with us over Easter and they've been here for two days. I love them all to pieces but my god, you forget how loud some people can be, or maybe that's just me. "We should go downstairs." I throw the covers off of me and get up, "you might wanna think about putting some clothes on first." I can hear the smirk in Karlie's voice as I gather up my pyjamas which were strewn all over the floor last night.

I pull on my pyjama pants and pull a shirt over my head as Karlie does the same and then we leave the room. "I'll get her," I say to Kar as we approach Maisie's room. She turned 5 months old yesterday and we're trying to sleep train her so that as soon as we move in to our new house, she'll sleep in her own room and hopefully sleep through the night. "There's my baby," I coo as I walk in to see her lying in the pack 'n play, wide awake. "You did so good last night, Mais." I kiss her cheek as we walk out of the room. We only had to get up for her twice which is a new record.

"We didn't wake you did we?" Kimby and Kariann ask almost as soon as we walk into the kitchen, I have a feeling Karlie warned them the most. "No, you didn't." I laugh as I look over to my girlfriend who just shrugs. I strap Maisie into her highchair so she's near me as I start making breakfast. "You really don't have to do that, Taylor." Tracy fusses as her and Kurt walk into the kitchen now, "you should be sitting down." I shake my head as I take the pancake mix out of the cupboard, deciding to cheat a little this morning. "You're in our home, you're our guests, let me make breakfast. You've already done enough by helping us pack."

Karlie roped her family into helping us pack almost the second they got here. We've packed up basically everything apart from the living-room, kitchen and the basics from the bedrooms and bathrooms. We decided that once Karlie's family go back to St Louis in a couple of days, we're going to stay with my parents so that everything can be packed up and moved across town and then eventually unpacked in our new house.

"Where are Mia and Kristine?" Karlie asks her mom and I look around, I didn't even realise they were missing, they're usually the first ones awake. "I think Mia has a temperature." One of the twins adds, the poor little mite, I know she was so excited for today.

I pour the pancake batter into the pan and let it cook as I casually make conversation with everyone around me. Eventually I've served up enough pancakes to feed everyone and I've left two plates on the side for Mia and Kristine. I give Karlie her's last with a kiss on the cheek to make up for it and then I grab the two extra plates and carry them upstairs.

I knock on the room door and hear a soft voice telling me to come in. "I heard she had a fever, I wasn't sure if she'd want to eat anything but I brought some for her anyway." I sit the two plates down on the nightstand before sitting on the edge of the bed. "She was up all night with a sore tummy, she's not feeling too hot." Mia is snuggled right into her mom's side and you can easily tell there's something wrong because she's definitely not her usual bubbly self.