60. Mommy's Birthday

December 13th 2017

Taylor's POV

"Taylor." I hear soft whispers in my ear as the morning light spills through the windows. "Mhmm." I hum as my eyes flutter open, wincing slightly at the light hitting my eyes. "Happy Birthday, baby." My eyes rest on Karlie's grinning face as I let out a content sigh. "Good morning." I crawl into her arms and she laughs as I lay my head on her chest. "Your mom's downstairs making you breakfast." She laughs as she runs her fingers through my hair and I smile, "she told you not to tell me, didn't she?" I know my mom too well but I know Karlie equally as well. "Of course she did, but I know you so I know you'd like to not be grumpy when she surprises you in about five minutes." I roll my eyes to myself as I hear the smirk in the woman's voice, she has this misconception that I'm grumpy when awoken prematurely.

"I have a very special day planned for you, my love." She absentmindedly runs her fingers up and down my arm as she plays with my hair and my tired eyes flutter up to her flawless features. "Like what?" I ask, mainly because I hate surprises and Karlie's knows that. "You'll see, but you'll love it, I promise." She laughs before pressing a kiss to my hairline and on this occasion I decide not to argue since I know it's not going to get me anywhere anyway.

"Someone's awake." I laugh as Tilly starts to cry in the pack 'n play. "I'll get her." Karlie releases me and slips out of bed as I listen to her gentle footsteps pad across the bedroom floor. "Hey there, little angel." She hums as she picks up the baby and I smile as her cries turn to soft whimpers and gurgles in her momma's arms. "Can you say happy birthday to mommy?" Karlie walks back over to me as Till starts to fuss and I laugh, "she doesn't know me as her mommy, she just thinks I'm a walking pair of boobs." I push myself up as she gets back into bed beside me and hands over the baby. "Isn't that right, jellybean." I stroke the soft skin of her cheek as she moves her head around, looking for a nipple. I follow her cue and pull my shirt down before helping her latch on, smiling as her green eyes search my face above her.

"Then she must think I'm either very boring or a great heat source because all she ever does is sleep on me." Karlie laughs and I wrap my arm around her waist and snuggle into her side. "You are very warm." I joke as she rubs my bare shoulder.

There's a knock on the door and I laugh a little as the door starts to open, but I stay snuggled up beside Karlie. "Happy Birthday, honey." My mom beams as she walks into the bedroom with my dad following close behind carrying Maisie. "Say 'happy birthday, mommy' to your mom, miss Maisie." My dad prompts the one year old as she coos and reaches out, but only says "mama." Karlie smiles and grabs her from him as she reaches out to me. "Hey, baby bug." I coo as she sits on her momma's lap, "kiss?" I pout my lips and the toddler does the same and plants a slobbery kiss on my lip. "Thank you, baby." I laugh as she sits in the small space between Karlie and I in the bed, always having to be in the middle.

"Happy birthday, sweetheart." My dad leans over and kisses my temple as I smile and watch my mom get emotional. "Hey, there's no need for that, mom. I'm still the same me I was at 27." I laugh as she sits down beside me and wraps one arm around my shoulders to pull me into her side. "I know, honey, but you've changed so much in the last year, it just shows me that time never stops turning." She strokes my arm, more as a comfort for herself other than me I think, but I just stay in the embrace with her for as long as she needs.

She's right about one thing, I have changed a lot in the last year. I'm a mom to two baby girls, I'm engaged to the woman of my dreams, I watched my abuser go from physically assaulting me to rotting behind bars, and on top of all of that, we lost our baby boy. I've been through too much this year for it not to have had an affect on who I am, but I believe that everything happens for a reason and everything's about to look up for us.