9| i'm the golden boy here

Taehyung—

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"I said, fucking, no, Jungkook!"

He stared at me, with blank eyes. "Kim Taehyung, let me go on this mission," he spoke in a monotone voice, dropping the play-nice act.

I sent a glare at him, as I grabbed my jacket, and slipped my arms into it. "No. The last time you went, you died. It's a miracle that you even came back to life, at all." I tucked a gun inside my jacket, and pulled on a knitted black beanie.

He stood by the door, arms crossed, one knee bent, with a shoe pressed flat against the wall. Usually, I'd reprimand anyone whose behavior was that disrespectful, but this was Jungkook. Plus he looked so, undeniably, good, in that pose. He looked dominating and powerful. Unlike the submissive position that he's been placed, in this relationship.

"I got all the bombs in place, last time! If Yoongi hadn't gotten shot, I would've gotten out, unharmed, no problem."

I reached forward, and cupped Jungkook's face, and gazed tenderly into his eyes. "I just don't want you getting hurt, Kookie. Your safety is first priority, to me, and I'm not about to send you out on that field, when you just got out of the ER. No, fucking, way."

His blank gaze, broke into a soft expression, and he shook his head, slowly. A small smile graced his lips, "alright. You win this time, but I'm going on the next one. You can't keep me in here forever."

Nodding, I ruffled his hair, "alright, alright."

I closed the distance between us, and kissed his lips, which he returned eagerly. I smiled, before pulling away. "I'll be back soon, okay, baby?" Jungkook sighed, and rolled his eyes at the pet name, but nodded. "Make sure you don't die okay, Taehyung?"

Smirking, I placed a kiss on the side of his jaw, before straightening up, and opening the door. "Pft. Me? Kim Taehyung? Die? Yeah right. If I do, I'll just pull the same trick as you, and come back from the dead."

Jungkook only shook his head, scoffing.

"Please. I'm the golden boy here; not everyone can do what I did."

"We'll see!" I called back, slipping out the room.

"Don't die!" Was all he responded with.

Smiling, to myself, I headed down the hallway, and whistled a happy tune, before taking the stairs to the garages.

I chose to take a less noticeable car, since I was venturing out into the city today. Apparently, a group wanted to create an alliance with us. Wrinkling my nose in distaste, I got inside the plain vehicle, and placed the coordinates into the GPS. I revved the engine, before pulling out of the garage, and driving to the platform, so I could be lifted up onto level ground.

My phone rang, and I pressed the green button on the touchscreen of the car, to answer the call. "Yeah, Namjoon, talk to me."

"Hoseok went ahead, to scout around the area, to make sure there isn't some sort of ambush or attack. Jimin and Yoongi are working on hacking into their cameras, and I'm ready to give orders to the rest of the men."