13| it was driving me crazy

Jungkook—

It was driving me crazy.

Not being able to do anything, and just watching everyone bustle about. Taehyung would never tell me, but I heard others talk about the few that died out on the field. They all died, and it was my fault. Me. Just being stuck in this base, and not going out there to join the fight. I'm sure most of the staff hate me.

I must look pathetic to them. But, what choice do I have?

It was past midnight, and I was still wide awake. Taehyung was snoring away, an arm slung over his eyes, and an arm around my waist.

The hold on my waist was loose, so I gently got out of the bed, and quickly changed into black ripped jeans, a black turtle neck, and my black timberlands. I pulled a black beanie over my hair, and grabbed a gun, sliding it into the waistband of my jeans. I grabbed two knives, and tucked them inside my jacket, and pulled on a pair of black leather gloves.

I glanced at Taehyung, my gaze softening.

Quickly, I wrote a quick note, and pecked his lips, before rushing out of the room.

"I'm sorry, Tae. I have to do this."

Taehyung—

"What the fuck do you mean he left base?" I roared. Namjoon didn't even flinch, he just glanced back at Yoongi, who was monitoring the footage, caught over the night. Yoongi sighed, and leaned back in his chair, "sorry, Taehyung. Jeon left base. Which leaves us three options to assume."

The blue haired man counted off his fingers. "One, the most obvious; that kid left to confront his father, because, let's face it, Kim, you practically locked him up in this stuffy basement." I opened my mouth, but was interrupted by the elder. "Two, he was working for the Jeon group, and now that he has all the information that he needs, he doesn't need to stick around anymore. You having a romantic interest in him was just a setback and probably some entertainment for him. Finally, three." Yoongi's eyes glinted, "he wants to join up with the Jeon group to keep them away from harming us."

Namjoon cleared his throat, "either way, all three options are bad."

I rolled my eyes, "well, that's obvious." I swiped a pistol off of the desk, inside the office, and made my way to the door.

"Hold it, Romeo," Namjoon said, blocking my way out. "Where do you think you're going?" I snorted, and pushed his chest, so his back hit the door, "out of my way, Namjoon, I'm getting his ass back here."

"Yeah, right. You don't even know where the Jeon group's base is, first of all," Yoongi stated, turning in his chair, to stare at Taehyung, with calculating eyes. "Second, you don't even know if Jungkook even decided to go to the Jeon group. What if he doesn't want to come back? What are you going to do?"

I growled, mind whirling with dizzying thoughts. "I don't know, alright? I just want to talk to him. If he wants to join the Jeon group then fine! I just want to know if he wants to cut ties with me or not. I just want to know if he wants to end our relationship or not! That note he left on my bedside table explained shit!"

The crumpled up note was stuffed in my pocket, in my haste to go wake up everyone in the facility.

My eyes burned.

Why? Why did you leave? You promised!

Dear Taehyung,

Please forgive me. I left for yours and the gang's safety. I can't bear it if anyone got hurt because of me. Being stuck here drove me crazy, because I knew I could've done something, to help, but I didn't. So, now I am doing something. Don't expect me to come back any time soon, Tae. I'm sorry, but...with the situation now, I think it's best for you to forget that I even exist. Just know that I will have the Jeon group leave you alone, I swear. I love you, Taehyung. Leaving you will probably be the hardest thing I will ever have to do in this lifetime. Maybe in another life, in another world, we'll meet again, and we can be together like a normal couple. Sadly, fate doesn't allow that in this world. Maybe, I'll see you again someday. But, please don't hope for it. Once, again, I'm sorry Taehyung.

Love, Jungkook

"Dammit, Jeon Jungkook!"

Jungkook—

I felt a pang in my heart, as if I could feel Taehyung's anguish from all the way out here.

I'd stolen one of the cars, and ripped out any transmitters and cameras that I could find, making sure that the base won't be able to trace me.

Gunning the engine, I stepped on the gas, kicking up sand and dirt. I gripped the wheel, tightly, thinking about what I was going to do next. I don't care what I'll have to do. I'll do anything to keep Taehyung safe. If that means confronting my father, then so be it. If that means working for him, begging, getting killed; I'll do it. I'll do it for Taehyung. I'll do it for my friends. I'll do it for the gang. I have to. Otherwise, what kind of human being am I?

I squinted my eyes, as cities began to come to view. Gritting my teeth, I prepared myself for what was going to come next.

"I'm sorry, Taehyung. Maybe we'll see each other again."

Cars started to zoom pass me, as I entered the freeway, and edged along, in the crowd.

"Or maybe not."

I'm on my own, now. There's no turning back.

Filler, since I haven't been posting a lot lol. I know this was a seriously bad chapter!

-Author-nim