14| how can i still call this bastard my father?

Jungkook—

"You tell me where he is, before I slit your throat," I growled, lowly. The guy blanched, but shook his head, stubbornly. That brought a smirk to my lips. "I respect a guy who'd still stick up for the team." My knife flashed in the dim light, and I brought it to the man's neck.

"Too bad, I don't have enough respect to spare your life."

Quickly, I slashed his neck, blood squirting in my face. Smiling, maniacally, I licked the blood off my lips, with my tongue. "Yummy."

I kicked the corpse, and continued down the sewer path, where Taehyung had said where he had met with the Jeon group. It was just a meeting place, but it was a good enough start as any.

Taehyung.

The thought of him brought a pang to my heart. I wanted to feel his lips. I wanted to feel his hands. I wanted to just feel him. For a mafia boss, you'd expect someone cold and calculating. Full of malice and no mercy whatsoever. Yet, Taehyung was different. Sure, he filled out all of the aspects of running a gang, and yet he still seemed to have a childish side to him.

He was cute when you'd least expect it, and he was caring and sweet when you most needed him to be.

Determination swept through my veins. If I manage to pull this off, we'll be able to see each other again. But, not now. This was something I had to sort out. Before my father finds out that I had ties with Taehyung's group. I needed to get rid of that bastard before he hurts my loved ones.

With newfound confidence, I continued down the poorly lit path. Water dripped from pipes, down into a rushing waterway. The sound was almost deafening, so I could barely hear anything above the rumble of water, but I stayed diligent. This was my life, I was playing with.

The faintest sounds of footsteps echoed in the passageway, making me halt my movements.

Quickly, I pulled out my knife and kept a hand on my pistol. "I heard you," I called out. "Who is there?"

A low chuckle bounced off the walls, and I spun on my heel, to find a stocky-built man, with graying hair, and facial features almost like mine.

Ah. So, that's him.

"You're perceptive," the man mused, a smirk on his face. "But, I expected no less from my son."

I stopped myself from wincing, at the term of endearment. I wanted no such relations to this monster.

"So," the man drawled. "What took you so long to come out and find me?"

My blood ran cold. He seemed to know something that I didn't.

I narrowed my eyes, and braced myself for an ambush. If he was planning on kidnapping, he'll have to fight me first.

"What do you mean?" I asked, voice hard. The man, who apparently was my father, narrowed his eyes, a cold smile curling his lips. "I have my ways to get information. Seems like you were hiding out in Kim's base, all nice and cozy." I stiffened.

Shit!

How did he know? Who told him.

My mind flashed back to that dream. "Lisa. It was her, wasn't it? She was the one who told you?" I demanded, angrily. The smirk on his face, confirmed my question, and I gritted my teeth. "That means—"

"My men are heading towards your boyfriend's headquarters now, as we speak," my father interrupted, a wide grin on his face.

How can I still call this bastard my father?

My vision turned red, as I yelled out, and pulled out my pistol. Like, lightening, I pulled the trigger and shot him in the chest. I lunged forward, aware that there were now men on my back.

I'll have to make this quick.

Forget the chest. He might be wearing a protective vest. I aimed, and shot him in the forehead, making the dead corpse fall to the ground.

Pain flared in my left thigh, but I ignored it, when someone jumped on my back. I bucked, and droved my knife into the person hanging on to me. I yanked out the knife, as I felt their body slide off of me, and quickly spun around, to face three more men. But, with the sound of pounding feet, it sounded like more were coming.

I shot off the other three, and limped back to the path I had taken.

I had to get back to Taehyung. I had to warn him. Before it's too late.

The sound of a gun going off bounced off the walls, and the bullet landed square into my arm. Hissing, in pain, I continued to hurry down the path. They were catching up to me.

Thinking, quickly, I aimed my gun up, at the ceiling, and shot the pipes, hanging over the men, in pursuit of me. Water crashed down, from above, at rapid speed, urging me to pick up the pace.

I limped towards the ladder, and grunted in pain, as I climbed up. I hoisted myself out of the hole, and slammed the door shut. I pulled the cut floor, over the seal, and crawled out from under the yellow police tape.

A brief glance told me that no one was around, and I hurried to my car, as fast as my body could allow.

Once, I got into the car, I squealed away, back onto the busy streets, of the city.

"Taehyung, please be okay," I mumbled.

I hissed, as my bad arm reached for my phone, and turned it on.

Once the screen lit up, I was bombarded with texts and calls from my friends. Although, unsuprisingly, most of them were from Taehyung.

It was difficult to manuver the screen, with the dried blood on my thumbs, but I managed to hit contacts, and call Taehyung.

"Come on, come on, come on!" I muttered, frustrated.

"Fuck!" I yelled, when he didn't pick up, and stomped down on the gas, pressing down on the horn. How far did Jeon's men go? How was Taehyung? How was everyone?

I needed to get back, and call off the war. Now, that Jeon is dead, I needed to end everything as soon as possible. If we still end up fighting each other, then I'd rather it be me beside the ones I love and care about.

I honked the horn some more, earning responses from the other drivers, on the road. I didn't care, I continued to weave through the crowd, with one thing on my mind.

I have to save everyone. I have to. It'll all be my fault if they all die.

I tried to make it intense, as possible. It's not that bad, to be honest. I mean, compared to other mafia stories, this one is just fluff and cutesy shit. Oh whale, what can I do about it?

-Author-nim