Laughter and Tears

I made it back to HQ after having gotten lost for a while. Everyone was rushing around with boxes full of supplies.

"Hey, Mikasa, what's going on?" I ask quietly.

"Oh.. there is an expedition in two days.. it's really last minute," she states, walking away with the boxes she had.

"What are you doing brat? Shouldn't you be helping with preparation?" I turn to the sound of Levi's voice. I had learned to recognize it.

"I just got back, I got lost.." I mumble, embarrassed.

He sighs, "I can't leave you alone for one minute can I?"

"Wellll" I laugh.

"Ahem, if I'm not interrupting anything, (Y/N) I need your help," Petra asks.

"Oh, sure, what do you need?" I reply, trying to be nice despite her threats.

"There is something in the closet I need, but I'm not small enough to reach it, can you get it for me?" She asks sweetly. That was new to me.

"Sure, lead the way," I leave Levi on his own and follow Petra to the closet, I step inside but I don't see anything. "There's Nothing here.."

"Oh, well, now there is!" She says smiling.

"What do you mean..?" I ask, afraid.

"See you after the expedition! Or not! Since you'll hopefully be dead!" She laughs and slams the door, I hear it lock.

"Uh.. okay.. funny joke, let me out Petra. now," I say, hoping it's just some kind of joke. I don't hear a response. I try and open the door, nothing. What do I do? I think to myself slowly drifting to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I must have been in that shed for hours, I hear people calling my name, I try to call back but no one hears me. I get the idea to scream, so I do.

"Hold on! I think someone's in there!" I hear someone shout.

"Why is it locked? Who has the key to open it?" I hear Erwin's voice.

"Dammit, forget the key," another voice says. The door is kicked down and people look in to see me sitting on the floor. I run into my saviors arms.

"Finally you found me!" I say into said persons shoulder. I let go a little bit to see Levi. I let go embarrassed again.

"Who locked you in there?" Hanji asks, stepping forward.

"Petra Ral if I remember her name correctly.." I mutter trying to remember.

"Moron.." Levi mutters, grabbing my collar and dragging me out of the shed.

"Ow! Hey!" I yell, hitting him.

"Cut it out brat, why would she lock you in there?" He asks, clearly ticked off.

"I don't know! Once you left me in the bush she said she loved you and to stay away from you," I respond as if it's a normal thing.

"And you didn't tell anyone!" He shouts in my face.

"Okay what is wrong with you?" I ask, confused as to why he is upset.

"What?" He replies.

"One minute you're kind to me, the next I'm a bit of dirt on your palm, what am I doing wrong?" I say, forcing him to let go of me.

"I- just- errrg!" He whips around and pulls me into a kiss. This confuses me so I slap him.

"What the heck! This is exactly what I'm saying!" I shout.

"How are you so stupid! People care about you okay?! I care about you!" He shouts back at me, I see the fury from before. He takes several steps forward. It's scares me, so I stumble backwards.

"Stop. This is from the game isn't it.. it's a dare.. nobody feels anything for me," I say slowly. I see his gaze soften, he realizes what he's doing. He falls to his knees and puts his head in his hands. Was Levi... crying..?

"You really don't get it at all do you.." He mutters.

"No. I'm afraid I don't.." I walk foreword and kneel in front of him. I remove his hands from his face. He really was crying. I see something in his eyes I had never seen before. I see his pain. His yearning to help humanity. His love.. for.. me..

"I want you to understand.. I wish I could just show you.." it pained him to say this, you could hear it in his voice. I take his hands as the sky darkens and brings rain. I lift his face to look at me.

"Then show me.." I say quietly, smiling softly as rain spatters my face. He cups my face with his hands and gently pulls me closer. He embraces me, places his forehead on mine for a moment. This was new to me, but it was comfortable.. natural almost. His lips meet mine, and we stay there for what feels like forever. We're getting soaked by the rain but he doesn't seem to care. We only break apart when we hear footsteps and someone cough.

"ahem, if you are both quite finished," Erwin asks, a bit uncomfortable. Levi and I stand up, I solute and start walking towards HQ. Before I know it, Levis' picked me up and taking me inside.

"I will not let the mud make you dirty," he says as he starts running. We make it inside and stand there for a moment, looking at our shivering figures. We laugh. At least if we die, we will have good last memories.