The expedition

I wake up in my own room, having remembered falling asleep on Levi's couch. I get up and rush to the entrance of HQ. It was the day of the expedition and I was late. I jump onto my horse in the formation with Levi squad making it just before Erwin shouts to advance.

"You're late moron," Levi says glaring at me.

"There you go again, being rude Captain Levi," I smile.

"Tch,What are you talking about brat?" He scoffs, confused.

"Don't you remember anything from yesterday?" I ask as we charge forward outside the walls.

"We found you asleep in a shed. Slacking off I assume," he replies coldly.

"No, in the rain stupid," I say confused.

"What rain? You were out cold until this morning, you have no right to call your higher ups stupid. Watch what you say brat," he growls, charging ahead.

"It couldn't have been a dream.." I mutter.

"Well it was," Petra answers in an annoying sing song voice.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I left you there, you fell asleep, and you have been asleep until a few minutes ago!" She says overjoyed that Levi had gotten angry with me.

"Why are you so cruel?" I ask again, confused at her sudden hatred towards me.

"You need to stay away from Levi, so of course I will make you look bad," she laughs, charging forward to take her place next to Levi in the formation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As time passes, with only a few titans being spotted, out of nowhere we see black flares. At least I did, I urge my horse forward. "Captain Levi, black flares on the right flank," I tell him, though I don't know what it means.

"Abnormal.." he scoffs as a cadet approaches.

"Sir! The right flank has been wiped out! We've no way of knowing if titans are coming from that direction anymore!" The boy shouts to Levi.

"Petra, spread the word. (Y/N), take her place in the formation," Levi orders.

"Yes sir!" Petra replies.

"Yes captain," I answer passionately, finally I could feel important in the squad instead of being in the back.

More time passes and we watch as Erwin lead us into the forest.

"Captain Levi! Why are we in here? We won't see any titans until they're right on top of us!" Eren shouts. Levi does nothing.

"He knows what he's doing I think," I answer Eren hopefully. I look back to see a cadet zooming out of the trees, followed by a 15 meter female titan.

"Captain! What are your orders!" The entirety of Levi squad shout to him for guidance. He isn't doing anything. I bring my horse beside his.

"Captain.. Everything is going to be okay.. right?" I ask, hoping for his reassurance. Not receiving an answer panics me. "Kapitän, bitte sagen Sie mir, wir werden in Ordnung sein!" I shout to him, hoping he will understand.

"Ich wünschte, ich könnte dir eine Antwort geben" He replies, he looks back at his squad, still shooting for an answer. "Draw your weapons!" He shouts, we all do so. I face forward once more, only to look back moments later at the sight of Eren going to bite his hand.

"Eren! Trust us!" Petra pleads. "Captain do something!"

"It's Eren's choice. If I'm the end his regrets are minimal, good for him. It's not for us to decide," Levi replies.

"Eren.. please trust us.." I ask one last time.

"Dammit Eren, make up your mind!" Levi shouts.

"I'm with you!" Eren answers, and we continue onward.

"Cover your ears!" Levi lifts a pistol, firing off and acoustic round. It stops the titan for a moment, but only long enough to give us more time to run. She starts gaining on us again, but we hear Erwin shout and hear many more bangs from behind us.

"Woah.." I look back to see the female titan with hooks shot through her. I can't help but feel sorry.

"Tie the horses up further ahead, then get into the trees," Levi orders, handing me his reins and zooming into the trees to Erwin.

Once we get to the trees, the team starts to doubt if Levi trusts them.

"That's enough," I shout, sick of hearing things against the captain. "If it's confidential it's confidential. Thats just how it is, so let it go."

"Easy for you to understand, you're clueless about trust and civilization," Eld mutters.

I walk to the end of the branch and look out through the trees. "At least I know what freedom is. At least I'm working my tail off for people who thing I'm clueless about everything. Well I'm not-!" I get cut off by Gunther.

"Yeah yeah, we know, you've seen the outside world where no titans exist blah blah blah.." he waves his hand as he speaks.

"You're horrible," I whisper, keeping my eyes to the ground. Suddenly we hear a shriek, and titans come thundering through the forest.

That' can't be good..