New squad, new trust

I woke up from the many dreams of death, and the bloodshed I witnessed only several hours ago. My heart was pounding as I look around to see where I was. Hanji was in one corner talking with Erwin, Levi and Eren were in another sitting quietly. I try to get up, but wince at the pain in my midsection.

I groan as I get up again, holding myself steady by placing a hand on the wall, and the other of my arms on my diaphragm. I start stumbling over to Levi when Erwin and Levi notice and rush to get me back into the makeshift medical bed.

"She's awake. That's at least good.." Hanji murmurs smiling, sitting down at the foot of the bed. I look around panicked, once Levi and Eren make their way over, I reach my bandaged hands to their chests and feel their hearts beating.

"What are you doing..?" Eren asks confused. I lay back down but I keep feeling Levi's heart beat for a little longer.

"She's feeling our pulse.. she wants to be sure we are alive," Levi answers Eren's question simply. He removes my hand from his chest and sees the blood already sleeping through the bandages and noticing it had gotten on his white shirt. "Hanji, bandages." He orders as she tosses them to him. He removes the ones that had been wrapped around your hands before.

"I'm.. sorry about your shirt.." I mutter, he nods and starts wrapping the bandages. I wince as he puts pressure on one of the cuts.

"Sorry.." He mutters, gently wrapping the gauze and finishing up.

"Levi, there is a meeting in the cellar later. I expect you to be present," Erwin says as he stands up and leaves with Hanji.

"So does that mean there will be a new special operations squad?" Eren asks.

"Tch, obviously moron," Levi scoffs, getting up to go the the cellar already.

"Wait.. I can come too.." I say, getting up and grabbing Eren for support, which he gives.

"No. You are to stay here." Levi orders.

"N-no.. I will not." I argue.

"Just let her come, there's no keeping her here at this point," Eren states, and he was very much correct.

"Fine.." Levi agrees scowling. They give me support until I can walk on my own down the hall. Levi wrapped his cloak around me to cover some of the visible bandages. We get closer to the cellar after a while. I had noticed Levi's limp and decided to ask about it.

"You've been limping.. are you okay?" I ask, my voice was more concerned than I thought.

"Tch, For all you need to know, yes I'm fine." He scoffs.

"Right.." I mutter, leaning more of my weight on Eren once more.

"Oh, are you hurting again? I could carry you, I wouldn't mind-," he starts to talk but looks at the death glare Levi is sending him.

"No, I just need a little support.." I groan through the aching in my chest.

"This is why you should have stayed back in bed brat," Levi says smugly.

"Right.. and let the new squad see me at my weakest point..? No thanks corporal.." I respond, walking on my own again and dying to pick up the pace, but after a few seconds of doing this I need to lean against the wall as my breath hitches.

"Stop doing that to yourself." Levi orders, grabbing my arm and forcing me forward. Finally we reach the cellar, where I can sit and catch my breath.

Eventually Erwin comes in with Mikasa, Jean, Armin, Sasha, and Connie.

"I introduce the new special operations squad," Erwin announces proudly, "they are the best we have observed."

"Great. More idiot brats to deal with," Levi sighs, crossing his leg over the other.

"We have a plan to keep Eren from the court room, and capture the female titan," Erwin announces, my eyes widen, so do Eren's.

"Alright, let's hear it eyebrows," Levi replies. Armin steps forward and we are there for a while listening to his plan and cutting out parts that would never work. Already, the new squad is building trust.