Chocolate

She dreaded coming home that afternoon, but she needed to address her mate. It's not that her wolf wasn't clawing at her insides to claim her mate, it was her human being indecisive. Taking a deep breath she opened the door to his newly assigned bed room in the pack house.

Looking around she saw him staring out the window. She knew he was aware of her presence but he didn't acknowledge her.

The room was escape proof, every window was lined with silver. The walls were reinforced with silver. The only way in and out was through a door with a code and retinal scanner, and if you were to break it or shut the power every escape route you might find would be covered with a five inch thick layer of silver laced with wolfsbane. It was impossible, unless you're human.

"I'm sorry" her mate started. The apology caught her off guard. She walked towards him and sat in the adjacent chair. "You know, I thought I didn't have a mate" he followed. Frowning, she looked at him and said "Everyone's got a mate, we just find them in our own time" she'd been really frustrated when she didn't find him at 19. She almost went around the world to find him. Key word Almost.

Sighing, he got up and sat on the bed. She just watched him. The beautiful man infront of her, that does nothing but infuriate her. But what baffles her the most is that she doesn't even know his name. And all of a sudden gets up and puts his hand in front of her and says "I'm Nikolai, and you are?" taking his hand she introduces herself. The introduction was late, very late, but she knew it was meant for them to have a fresh start. They were mates after all, and they needed to work it out.

"I'm sorry too, you're my mate but I put you in a cell, I yelled at you, and put you in house arrest. I understand why you went livid, I'm an unmarked female and I was with an unmated wolf, it was wrong in my part because I knew I had a mate, who I had treated horribly on top of it all" she said, she didn't like apologizing. It wasn't in her character to talk about feelings, but with her mate she felt comfortable enough to admit her mistakes.

She looked at him waiting for his reply, but all she got was a barely readable face. Then suddenly she was in his embrace. Sparks. Sparks everywhere. She loved the feeling of being in his arms. It was warm and comfy. The butterflies in her stomach were raging. And her wolf was howling. A smile crept onto her face, she looked up and saw him staring at her with a ghost of a smile plastered in his face. It wasn't much but it was enough.

This simple encounter, although it was measly and not much was said, she knew it was the cue to start building onto their relationship. It was time she basked in the joy of having a mate. Although he was a rouge, she would give him the benefit of the doubt.

They'd work things out, slowly but surely

——

She had always woken up very early, her wolf loved running in the morning. Seeing the sunrise made her wolf happy, a contrast to her human's love for sunsets. They were yin and yang. Her wolf was the color of midnight but she loved the sun. Her eyes were bright and alluring, but she loved the moon. They were perfect together, like two puzzle pieces, never really complete without each other.

She made her way to her mate's room, to check up on him and to see if he wanted to go for a run, she figured that maybe a few days without shift may have had his wolf pacing.

Opening the door she saw her mate still sleeping soundly, walking near the bed she was amazed at how good he looked sleeping. He was immaculate, like a gift from the Gods. Reaching in she was shocked he grabbed he hand, his grip was bone crushing. She growled at the pain, his eyes suddenly snapped open and when he saw her, his gaze immediately softened. Voicing his apologies she just nodded and proceed to ask him if he wanted to go for a run, which he immediately accepted.

Going in the direction of the forest, they didn't say a word. But, it was a comfortable silence. They knew words weren't necessary, they just enjoyed each other's presence.

Going behind a tree, they each shifted. Meeting at the clearing they first met in, they were surprised at each other's appearance. It was a different feeling seeing their mate's wolf for the first time. But they enjoyed the feeling.

Suddenly she stepped forward, nudging him which earned her a playful growl. She then darted into the dense forest. Liking the challenge he followed her quickly.

Their wolves already loved each other, with one look you'd see they were made for each other, she had midnight black fur, glistening in the sunlight, with every shift you'd see the undertones, purple in some angles, silver in some, it was a sight to see, incredible, beautiful, captivating. He had brown fur that looked golden in the sunlight, he was glowing, almost enchanting, they were equally amazing to look at, like art, seeing them together contrasting the colors of the forest, they looked like a masterpiece.

They played with each other for who knows how long, the sun was already high in the sky when they came back. A grinning beta greeted them in the back door, he knew they made up. And he knew how happy his alpha was, he could feel it in the pack link. In fact everyone was excited at the prospect of seeing her happy.