Lime

"The King is here" a warrior announced. All eyes in the room went wide, and everything became dead silent. He wondered what he was doing here, but before the words left his mouth the king came barging in and had him by his collar. "What the fuck happened to my sister" he growled.

Nikolai sat stiff, the revelation was mind boggling, yet he understood. It all made sense now. She made sense now. Her aura, her power, her dominance, her grace. Everything that she was could all be explained by the simple fact that she was the princess.

He had been away from the werewolf community for too long to not recognise the royal family. An infuriated growl snapped him out of his thoughts. Infront of him was the fuming King, beside him now was the Queen trying to calm him down.

"I don't know" was all he could answer. But the King didn't like it. He wanted to hurt Nikolai so bad. The grief in his eyes was too obvious, his little sister was no where to be found and he couldn't do anything about it. He wanted to cry and scream at the Moon. He had everything — yet everything couldn't help him now.

The vivid images of Elise were haunting him. Her smile, her laugh, the memories of her little feet running through the family home while being chased by her big brother was causing him pain. The summers they spent camping in them backyard because their father wouldn't let them go out unless they had half of the royal army with them. Those times when they trained their younger brother which only ended in Caspian crying because Constantine and Elise were too hard on him. It was soul crushing to know that even if he was the King of all there is he couldn't even protect the people that mattered.

Nikolai was all too familiar with the situation at hand, all he could do was sit and stay quiet. It was like his brain was suppressing every emotion, every thought. Because what's better than pain? Numbness — it was the easy answer, losing a mate was hard; but her slipping right through your fingers and dancing on the fragile line of life and death while you couldn't do anything about it because you don't even fucking know where she is is a trip all to itself.

The Queen had successfully calmed the King down. They sat in the chair beside his bed and after a deafening silence in the room Nikolai told them everything that happened from the ball to the time he woke up. The King only nodded at his statements, then asked the Beta about the security tapes in her office. But to no avail the intruders had deleted everything that they could use in tracking them down.

It was a lightbulb moment for Nikolai. "Oh we still have that information don't worry" he said with a voice laced with hope. "I installed backup drives that you can't access unless you have a retinal scan of my eyes or Elise's eyes. I've also installed some back up "keys" so you could open them without us, you could just type a passkey and it'll accept Alex's and Tyler's retinal scans too — don't ask me how I got those scans." He continued and every one in the room was dumbfounded, they didn't know his background only Elise did. And he was surprised that the Beta and Gamma didn't read up on his file.

"But how did you know how to install them and how did you get your hands on the tech" the Beta asked. "Before I accidentally ran into your border, I was living a human life. And I ran a tech company, we specialised in forensics and security" was all he said. Everyone once again stared at him like he'd grown two heads. It was amusing but with everything happening he spared no time to force everyone out of the room and to go to the backup room.

He hid the backups in the dungeon, because of course who would look there. The dungeons layout was modelled out of Dante's inferno, and he choose the last level. The data room was massive, vines and vines of wires were scattered everywhere, towering structures of blinking lights lined the wall, and in the center was a computer with three monitors. He began accessing it.

After a few minutes of waiting he made his way back to her office. He stood still infront of her door, the tiny ache in his heart couldn't go unnoticed, every emotion was dug up again and all he wanted to do was weep and beg for the Goddess to give him back his sunshine.

Taking a deep breath he opened the door and her scent bombarded him. His eyes started to water but he kept his composure, walking into her office had his insides raging, the incandescent need to find her was eating him alive.

He plugged the drive into the tv and pressed play, the events not so long ago were unfolding infront of their eyes, the mortified look on the Kings eyes when he saw Nikolai bleed to death wasn't left unnoticed. The pure rage in their eyes when they saw someone injecting Elise with an unknown liquid almost burned through the monitors. When she collapsed someone came in the frame, a man he never knew. But judging from the Queens gasp, and the very noticeable intake of breath from the men it was him the man they couldn't even talk about.

Turning around, everyone just watched him and with determination brewing inside him. He looked the king in the eyes and demanded him to tell him who He was. Everyone looked at him in horror. He broke every unwritten rule there is. The king could have his head as the blatant sign of disrespect, but he only smirked and nodded.

"First let me tell you about Elise, that girl is special, she was born on a full moon, it's a tradition to dip the royal babies in a lake near the castle, it's kind of like the Christian concept of Christening. When my father dipped her the lake glowed. And the moon looked almost brighter. When we were growing up we all knew she was stronger, smarter, and more powerful than anyone. There's just something about her that's different. Apart from that she's very beautiful, and I'm sure you know that.

"He" was obsessed with her, he even tried bewitching her. He used to be the Wiccan representative in my father's court, he stopped at nothing to get her. One day he tried kidnapping her, but he didn't succeed because before dinner Elise pranked me and I was so mad I stormed into her room right when he was about to drug her.

My father was livid and banned him from the castle. So instead "He" terrorised the us by destroying random packs, he was responsible for the demise of yours."

Nikolai's eyes went wide, his wolf was in a fit of rage. His eyes were swirling with black and gold, and he was barely in control by that time.

"My father had enough of him and called the Wiccans to put an end to him, but somehow he became too strong that nobody could stop him, one day he tried to kidnap Elise again, but she was prepared. She fought him hard, to the point of getting injured. He casted a spell in the area so that no one could shift, so she used her sword. When her injury was so bad her blood dripped on her sword. And she swung at him so hard it almost decapitated him, and she found out her blood burned him. And it was the only thing that could've stopped him, when he fell we took his body to the dungeon, and put him in a room that cancels all magic. Hours later when we were ready to give him the punishment his body was gone

After we had Elise's blood checked, it turns out it's toxic to almost all creatures except for Angels and Werewolves. And they also found that her tolerance for Wolvesbane and Silver was on a different level, you could kill an entire pack with the amount that knocks her wolf out, we figured that's why he wants her, he could run all the tests he wanted and she wouldn't die from it"  the king finished.

His wolf wasn't happy at the information, and wanted nothing but to tear him apart. The need to find her only heightened and he would stop at nothing to find her. Then, it dawned on him that he didn't know how long he was out. The surprise was evident on his face when the Beta told him, he had wasted so much time recovering

He had already lost two months.